• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Worst undefeated team" Its coming, we've been there.

thunderraiden

1 minute ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I was JUST thinking this watching the high lights on NFL Network. There are 7 teams that are 2-0. I'm calling the NFL Network Power Rankings will have the Panthers at 10. That's how it seems historically with these rankings. Hope I'm wrong tho. 

We're definitely going to move up. Top 10 is probably not going to happen. 

• Pie 5

25 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I was JUST thinking this watching the high lights on NFL Network. There are 7 teams that are 2-0. I'm calling the NFL Network Power Rankings will have the Panthers at 10. That's how it seems historically with these rankings. Hope I'm wrong tho. 

NBC Sports already has the Panthers at 16, the lowest 2-0 team by far, and only two above the Saints:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-power-rankings-where-49ers-sit-after-week-2-win

>16. Carolina Panthers (2-0): Sam Darnold passed for 300 yards for the first time since Week 12 of the 2019 season. What a difference going from Adam Gase to Joe Brady makes. 

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 3

We might be the worst 2-0 team, it's a battle between us the Broncos, and Raiders, and I think all 3 are about even, not an insult to any of them, but none of them (or us) are to the level of the Bucs, Rams or 49ers right now.

Look, I love what we've done so far, Darnold looks solid, CMC is the best RB in the game and showing it, and the defense looks like a definite top 10 unit.

But none of that changes how young and unproven we are, having beat a terrible Jets team and a Saints squad missing half a dozen starters, a bunch of backups, and almost their entire offensive coaching staff, who have also been living on the road for the better part of the last month.

I was optimistic coming into the season, and it's grown since then, but you still need to keep things in perspective, despite even the expected 3-0 start to the season, making the playoffs will still be questionable and even if we just miss out, it won't be a disappointment of a season as this team looks to be growing under Rhule.

I have high hopes for the next few years, but this isn't our year, we're not there yet.

• Pie 8

You can't just take the records into consideration 

They probably look at the opponents and situations.  We faced a rookie qb and rookie coach game 1 and a hobbled saints team with a ton of players out injured.  

Also take into account what our teams done in recent years. 6-10 , 5-11, 5-11. Darnold was horrendous until he came here where he's been solid for all of 2 games. 

Most talking heads are not going to really trust the panthers being an elite team until they prove they can beat elite teams down the stretch. Either that or sustained winning well down the stretch.  

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, Saca312 said:

NBC Sports already has the Panthers at 16, the lowest 2-0 team by far, and only two above the Saints:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-power-rankings-where-49ers-sit-after-week-2-win

>16. Carolina Panthers (2-0): Sam Darnold passed for 300 yards for the first time since Week 12 of the 2019 season. What a difference going from Adam Gase to Joe Brady makes. 

That one is just a mess in general. Bills at 11? Cowboys & patriots ahead of us? I really wish the NFL would do their PR’s like the NHL where everyone on the news/analysis side of things votes instead of just one person arbitrarily doing everything. 

Edited by Harbingers

We're a big unknown right now. We've played quite possibly the worst team in the league and a Saints team missing a ton of their roster and half their coaching staff. Take the wins however you can get them, but yeah I'm not surprised that the national media is a bit hesitant to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

Now if we were the Cowboys... yeah, we'd be Super Bowl bound for sure. Looking like 16-0 is not just a possibility but likely. Coverage tendency varies by team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

First half of our schedule is a cakewalk on paper. The cowboys might be the best team we face in the first  8 weeks. 

Mid schedule.. Cardinals are pretty good admittedly.

Only really worrying stretch is the last few weeks we have  Tampa twice and bills in between.  That's rough and a pretty big measuring stick but it comes quite late in the season.

• Pie 3