• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Worst undefeated team" Its coming, we've been there.

thunderraiden

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't get me wrong, I'll take a win - especially a divisional win over a team that's been kicking our ass as of late - but I also acknowledge the reality that we caught the Saints on the perfect week. 

It's about time. I remember a few years ago when the Saints got lots of early breaks with opposing players out or injured. Meanwhile we build momentum and confidence for the big tests ahead.  If they don't have depth to replace missing or injured players that is too bad. I don't remember anyone feeling sorry for us when we had multiple injuries at one spot or another.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I would love nothing more myself.  I think I'm going to save mine for when they kick Dallas ass all up a down the field. 

Dallas will be the first game we get credit for, assuming we win. But our defense is playing amazing right now and their defense will struggle to cover our skill positions you would imagine.

I’m not saying we will win it. It seems likely to be our toughest test yet. But if we beat the Texans this week and then take down Dallas to go 4-0 then suddenly the love for this team will start pouring in and we will become a lot of peoples “dark horse” picks after that game.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I was JUST thinking this watching the high lights on NFL Network. There are 7 teams that are 2-0. I'm calling the NFL Network Power Rankings will have the Panthers at 10. That's how it seems historically with these rankings. Hope I'm wrong tho. 

10 is mighty generous for their rankings. Bet we barely scrape the top 15.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Dallas will be the first game we get credit for, assuming we win. But our defense is playing amazing right now and their defense will struggle to cover our skill positions you would imagine.

I’m not saying we will win it. It seems likely to be our toughest test yet. But if we beat the Texans this week and then take down Dallas to go 4-0 then suddenly the love for this team will start pouring in and we will become a lot of peoples “dark horse” picks after that game.

Honestly, I just want to beat the brakes off Dallas even if it doesn't show on the scoreboard. I just want to see this team get better and more competitive. 

But mostly at dishing out the ass kicking. 

The wins will come in due time.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I was JUST thinking this watching the high lights on NFL Network. There are 7 teams that are 2-0. I'm calling the NFL Network Power Rankings will have the Panthers at 10. That's how it seems historically with these rankings. Hope I'm wrong tho. 

Yikes, I'll be shocked if were even in the top 16.  I'm guessing they move us up to about 17 from the current 23(ish).

8 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Also take into account what our teams done in recent years. 6-10 , 5-11, 5-11. Darnold was horrendous until he came here where he's been solid for all of 2 games. 

Most talking heads are not going to really trust the panthers being an elite team until they prove they can beat elite teams down the stretch. Either that or sustained winning well down the stretch.  

This!!!

I mean we're the team that started 6-2 and then lost 7 straight games in 2018...

Then in 2019, started 4-2 and lost 9 of final 10...

The Panthers have burned a LOT of pundits who started to buy in when we looked good.  We've been very flash in the pan as of late.  Got to prove we can sustain good play.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

I heard 2 ESPN NFL analysts call the Panthers the number 1 defense in the league without any disclaimers and followed by heavy praise. I'd say we put some people on notice with that win against the Saints.

Yes, some are taking notice.  It helped that the national picks were almost all for the Saints, so they all had to explain away how they'd been wrong and why the Panthers dominated!

• Beer 1

Power polls and such at this point in the season are largely based on where you started.  A good win over the saints will bump us up some, but expecting to be top ten is unrealistic.  

But this isn't college and polls don't matter.  Only matters how many we win and lose.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Peon Awesome said:

I heard 2 ESPN NFL analysts call the Panthers the number 1 defense in the league without any disclaimers and followed by heavy praise. I'd say we put some people on notice with that win against the Saints.

Yea what little was said about the Panthers has been praise and especially about the coaching/defense.

OFC after putting the Saints in the SB the media will shrink and hide like they always do when their predictions go sideways. Thats really the main reason they aren't saying too much is because they all picked the Saints.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Peon Awesome said:

Kay Adams of Good Morning Football was reading out our Defensive stats. When she finished Cris Carter was dumbfounded. Saying he may have to pay  more attention. So we have 1 more convert.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

They were missing Lattimore, Gardner-Johnson, Kwon Alexander, Michael Thomas, Tre'Quan Smith and whoever their center is. 

The equivalent of us missing Horn, DJax, Shaq, DJ, Robbie and Paradis all in one game. 

So yeah, a big chunk of their roster. Which is why I'm happy for the win, but not exactly ready to claim the World Beaters title. 

I'm by far not ready to crown them.  I thought the saints only had one person missing from the previous game.  I could be wrong even though I'm seldom right but never wrong.