• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the D getting more free rushers than usual?

Donald LaFell

Yea no more John Fox...uh scheme? we just line up and try to beat the man in front of us kinda like lining up against a brick wall and being like "welp what can ya do?"

They did a replay of the scheme on one where we overloaded the right side and the LT was so confused he didn't block either chinn or burns

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2

Nobody has seen us drop these looks and we’ve been blitzing at the most opportune moments too. Snow or he’s DL coach(who ever does the assignments for rushes) called an insanely good game and snows scheme was brilliant. Almost every single play was a different look from us causing the OL’s not to know know which 4 are coming. 

Edited by Harbingers

Snow is not reinventing the wheel here with the defense.  He's just teaching them how to use the talent they have been blessed with.

It also helps that he's familiar with every kind of defense known to man.  He can mix and match coverages and blitzes in anyway he can think of like a mad scientist and still put his 11 kids against your 11 vets and make you look silly 9 times out of 10.

I will repeat it again for those that are slow on the uptake, never under estimate a coach who's seen as many winters as coach Snow.  Rhule didn't bring him to the big show out of some misplaced loyalty to an old friend. That old fart has seen some things.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Snow is not reinventing the wheel here with the defense.  He's just teaching them how to use the talent they have been blessed with.

It also helps that he's familiar with every kind of defense known to man.  He can mix and match coverages and blitzes in anyway he can think of like a mad scientist and still put his 11 kids against your 11 vets and make you look silly 9 times out of 10.

I will repeat it again for those that are slow on the uptake, never under estimate a coach who's seen as many winters as coach Snow.  Rhule didn't bring him to the big show out of some misplaced loyalty to an old friend. That old fart has seen some things.

Great post 😃  That bolded part made me laugh and nearly snort hot coffee 😃

I didn't know what to think about Snow and Rhule and a bunch of college guys coming to the NFL, but so far i've been pretty happy.  Snow just knows so much, and it's great to watch!

Just now, d-dave said:

Great post 😃  That bolded part made me laugh and nearly snort hot coffee 😃

I didn't know what to think about Snow and Rhule and a bunch of college guys coming to the NFL, but so far i've been pretty happy.  Snow just knows so much, and it's great to watch!

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. It's a difficult to transition from college to pros and with the difficulty they had in having a normal first season due to Covid, well I was expecting it to be ugly honestly.   

Then they came in and showed the league that this crew does indeed belong there and just might be a lot better than we give them credit for. 

This defense is night and day different from what we fielded last year. It's not just the additional personnel, but we're playing defense like we did against Detroit last year in the shutout... we're unleashing the defensive line and letting them feast.

They aren't making it home every down, but they are breaking through and causing havoc on enough plays to put some fear into the opponents. That fear leads to a lot of opportunities.

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Yea no more John Fox...uh scheme? we just line up and try to beat the man in front of us kinda like lining up against a brick wall and being like "welp what can ya do?"

Oh man, when it was bad it was bad in those days.  If we couldn't get to the QB with 4 there was no plan B. 

We had some yoked defenses in the Fox years but would still get torn up by nobody TEs and picked apart by JAG QBs.  Playing the CBs a mile off on like 3rd and 5, rushing 3 and dropping everybody else into coverage.  Give me what we saw Sunday all day over that.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Oh man, when it was bad it was bad in those days.  If we couldn't get to the QB with 4 there was no plan B. 

We had some yoked defenses in the Fox years but would still get torn up by nobody TEs and picked apart by JAG QBs.  Playing the CBs a mile off on like 3rd and 5, rushing 3 and dropping everybody else into coverage.  Give me what we saw Sunday all day over that.

Yea it was fugin lame and even worse than that actually. Bro it was even like 3rd and 2 and we'd be literally you could draw it with the yellow marker on the screen 15 yards back off the WR....gotta protect that 3 point lead bros.