• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the D getting more free rushers than usual?

Donald LaFell

Scheme and talent work hand in hand.

If the talent isn't there, it doesn't matter what scheme you dream up.  Likewise, having a ton of talent without a strong scheme / identity is equally ineffective.

If we had tried to run this scheme last year with the talent we had on hand, we wouldn't have been as worried about all the close games.  We simply wouldn't have had any.

Eventually opponents will catch on, and it won't look that good.  We'll have injuries.  Rooks will make mistakes.  This defense isn't the finished product yet.  What we're seeing now is simply an early preview of it.

I'm very optimistic for the future, even if I don't think this is our window yet.  The good news is that this team is eminently more watchable than the teams of the late Rivera era.  Great to see our team really putting out the effort.

• Pie 1

Fox loved him some prevent defense. Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Brenston Buckner, and Mike Rucker carried that defense. Our secondary wasn't very good. This team's defense is much more balanced. It's too early to say they will be as good as 2003, but they have the potential.

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Yea no more John Fox...uh scheme? we just line up and try to beat the man in front of us kinda like lining up against a brick wall and being like "welp what can ya do?"

They did a replay of the scheme on one where we overloaded the right side and the LT was so confused he didn't block either chinn or burns

This was one of my favorite plays yesterday. Terron Armstead is a really good LT, but he's lining up with Chinn and Burns over him and trying to decide who to block and ends up blocking no one. Loved it.

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This was one of my favorite plays yesterday. Terron Armstead is a really good LT, but he's lining up with Chinn and Burns over him and trying to decide who to block and ends up blocking no one. Loved it.

That is usually what happens, even for the best vets. That is why old man Snow called.  But the opponent will counter it once you do it successfully.   So you have to use it wisely. 

• Pie 1