• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fame and Shame - Saints at Panthers

Zod

5 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

True. That's the stuff we gotta fine tune. The NFC West looks like a division of playoff teams. We have to beat out at least one of them to make the playoffs. Luckily, they have to beat up on each other. We can make it in, but we have to put teams away. We have not played a team yet that has their crap together. That's not taking away from our success, but it's just a fact. Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure that even happens until we play the Cardinals on Nov. 14. Watching the Cowboys and Vikings makes me believe they may not be a playoff caliber team. Still wondering about Philly and New England as well.  Cards are the first sure-fire playoff team on the schedule in my opinion. 

This team does not have it's crap together on offense and special teams either, and they still are winning convincingly.   Imagine what it will look like when they do get it together. 

• Pie 6

Just now, Jon Snow said:

This team does not have it's crap together on offense and special teams either, and they still are winning convincingly.   Imagine what it will look like when they do get it together. 

I totally agree. That's why I am saying we have some things to fine tune. Special teams was pretty horrible. Dude that blocked that field goal strolled on in, but like FreeFua pointed out, if Marshall doesn't slip then the play likely doesn't happen. 

Like I said, if we can play the whole game the way we play our first halves, sky is the limit. We are winning the games on our schedule, that's all you can ask. The scores have made it seem closer than it was. I say this with no hesitation: IF SAM DARNOLD DOES NOT THROW THAT INTERCEPTION, SAINTS DO NOT SCORE. 

1 hour ago, mbarbour21 said:

Sam Darnold looked really good yesterday particularly in the first half. If we can string together two of our first halves in a single game…..that’s a playoff team.

He’s got to get the idiotic plays out of his system. At a critical moment in the game he had a boneheaded turnover that allowed the Saints to cut the lead to 10 points. Our team responded well and bailed Sam out but we didn’t need that error. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I totally agree. That's why I am saying we have some things to fine tune. Special teams was pretty horrible. Dude that blocked that field goal strolled on in, but like FreeFua pointed out, if Marshall doesn't slip then the play likely doesn't happen. 

Like I said, if we can play the whole game the way we play our first halves, sky is the limit. We are winning the games on our schedule, that's all you can ask. The scores have made it seem closer than it was. I say this with no hesitation: IF SAM DARNOLD DOES NOT THROW THAT INTERCEPTION, SAINTS DO NOT SCORE. 

That is almost a certainty.  The only points we've surrendered were due to our own blunders. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

He’s got to get the idiotic plays out of his system. At a critical moment in the game he had a boneheaded turnover that allowed the Saints to cut the lead to 10 points. Our team responded well and bailed Sam out but we didn’t need that error. 

AGREED. They never should have been that close. It was total domination. I just wish the scoreboard would show that. We have to clean that up. Allowing teams to stick around has been our issue for years. 

20 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

AGREED. They never should have been that close. It was total domination. I just wish the scoreboard would show that. We have to clean that up. Allowing teams to stick around has been our issue for years. 

I mean, 26-7 is an ass-whooping in the NFL any way you slice it.  The crazy thing is we very easily could of had 40.  I thought the same thing after the first game.  They are leaving a lot of points out there.  When the offense puts it all together, to go with this defense.....ohhhh weeeeee mayne.  LOOK OUT! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean, 26-7 is an ass-whooping in the NFL any way you slice it.  The crazy thing is we very easily could of had 40.  I thought the same thing after the first game.  They are leaving a lot of points out there.  When the offense puts it all together, to go with this defense.....ohhhh weeeeee mayne.  LOOK OUT! 

Yeah, but it's not a, "We just held them to 128 yards." kinda score. Bills won like 35-0. That's the score that says, "We held Kamara to .6 yards per rush." Lol!

• Pie 2