• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fame and Shame - Saints at Panthers

Zod

Fame -1 - Defense, Defense - Defense.  This defense will keep us in many games.

Fame -2  Darnold minus the fumble/int.  He was pinpoint yesterday.  Several of his throws were right on the money, perfect stride or the one and only place the ball could be caught without being defended or intercepted.

Fame-3  Our corners Jackson and Horn.  Very few passes were thrown their way and it is most likely they had their man blanketed.  Surely has to be one of the reasons we have 10 sacks already. Plus Jackson has made some terrific tackles in the open field. 

Shame -1 - Special Teams and this is a reoccurring problem.  As much as I liked Chase Blackburn as a football player.  I think he is our weakest coach.  If you go back to all his time with us, we have had some of our worst performances in special teams.  Namely the Indy game a couple of seasons ago.  To yesterday, the Blocked FG was a blemish on our great day.  Our kicker can't kick it out of the endzone. The returns put them in good field position. Thank god our defense was dominating the Saints. 

Shame-2  Brady's 2nd half performance.  This is two weeks in a row that we have come out flat in the 2nd half.  If it weren't for the shank punt by New Orleans and Horn's interception we might not have scored again in the 2nd half.  We have to play 60 minutes and I do not like Brady's 2nd half performance.  He doesn't seem to be able to diagnose what changes are made at halftime. 

Shame-3 Run game. CMC makes you defend the run throughout the game but if we don't start pounding the ball we are going to be introuble.  If a team stops our run and makes us one dimensionally we will look like New Orleans did yesterday. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

You can tell they’re bringing Sam along slowly and that’s the correct thing to do. Week 1 it felt pretty conservative. Yesterday they opened it up a little more. Darnold is 23 and has shown so far that he can make every throw. Just keep allowing Sam to play within himself and get comfortable and who knows. 

👊🤙

12 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I agree with this as well. Which is why I wished the scoreboard reflected that. They had no business being within 10 points yesterday in the 4th. NONE!  

This team is young man. You have to be patient as they jell together.  The promising thing to me is that they are playing like this in year one. 

Remember that something like 60% of our starters are playing their first season together.  The rest it's only their second season together so this group is wet behind the ears.

You old guys will get that one.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This team is young man. You have to be patient as they jell together.  The promising thing to me is that they are playing like this in year one. 

Remember that something like 60% of our starters are playing their first season together.  The rest it's only their second season together so this group is wet behind the ears.

You old guys will get that one.

Bro, I understand that completely. They exceeded my expectations last year by losing 8 or 9 games by one score or less. I didn't think we would do that well. This year they have already exceeded my expectations by shutting both teams out in the first half of both games. I predicted a 24-20 win over the Saints even with their issues. But those issues have to be cleaned up to make it to the playoffs. Which I thought was a possibility at the beginning of the season....but still very unlikely. But now, with that defense, I believe it is entirely possible. Allowing teams to stick around has always been an annoying trait of ours. Even our 2015 Panthers allowed the Seahawks to come back after leading by like 30 points in the playoffs. lol! So, I'm satisfied with the win, but my expectations have gone up now. Haha! We were too dominate that game to be that close in the 4th, imo. 

5 hours ago, Zod said:

I have been biting at the but to see Brady Christensen in the lineup. Now I see why the Panthers are bringing him along slowly. While I do believe Christensen will develop into a great player, it is going to take some time for him to adjust to the pro game. Heck, even the reps yesterday should go a long way in getting him settled. Perhaps we will see Thursday how this progresses depending on injury news this week. 

Dude played 4 snaps yesterday…

also, don’t bite buts, I don’t care how excited you are

20 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

Bro, I understand that completely. They exceeded my expectations last year by losing 8 or 9 games by one score or less. I didn't think we would do that well. This year they have already exceeded my expectations by shutting both teams out in the first half of both games. I predicted a 24-20 win over the Saints even with their issues. But those issues have to be cleaned up to make it to the playoffs. Which I thought was a possibility at the beginning of the season....but still very unlikely. But now, with that defense, I believe it is entirely possible. Allowing teams to stick around has always been an annoying trait of ours. Even our 2015 Panthers allowed the Seahawks to come back after leading by like 30 points in the playoffs. lol! So, I'm satisfied with the win, but my expectations have gone up now. Haha! We were too dominate that game to be that close in the 4th, imo. 

I get it, as fans it's difficult to control our expectations when our team shows promise. Especially since it's been years since ours has shown any.  But while they have looked good to very good at times they are a long ways from being a dominant force to be reckoned with on a consistent basis. But there is hope, something we have not had in years.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Newbie said:

He’s got to get the idiotic plays out of his system. At a critical moment in the game he had a boneheaded turnover that allowed the Saints to cut the lead to 10 points. Our team responded well and bailed Sam out but we didn’t need that error. 

I'm sorry, but expecting any QB to play perfect is ridiculous.  

• Pie 1