• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina had a ‘college defense’

Tbe

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It is certainly looking similar in that regard and it may truly be that good.  I'm not sure they are quite there yet but they certainly are looking the part so far.  It's a long season though and we need a lot of luck to stay healthy.  I just enjoy being the spoilers right now.

I just wanted to note the similarities.  Nobody punches a ticket to the 'ship in September.

30 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

We didn't run that 3-3-5 so I have not clue what he is talking about. All I know is the D brought the old crab legs back out ... LoL

This. I watched the game again last night. We were running a “big dime” the entire game. 

I actually don’t know what to call it, but basically we only had a single Linebacker on the filed the majority of the game. We went speed over power yesterday. 

we also moved Chinn all over the place again. Lastly, we ran a staggered cloud 9 as well. This is what the rams are running too. I wouldn’t call it a college defense but rather a modern NFL defense 

Just now, NAS said:

Pro or College - whatever we're running works.  Brees can laugh all he wants but he wouldn't have been much better than Jameis yesterday because last year he could just pick on Whitehead all day.

I'm not sure what he has to laugh about unless he was laughing at his old team. That "college" defense kicked the Saint's ass all day long.

• Beer 1

I was fully prepared to be pissed at that sob last night when he *started* talking, but I'm not sure he was really being a d about it.  His weird laughing aside he had some specific things that he called more common in college - so unless he just outright made it up I'm not sure he was wrong.

Then again who cares - if it works they can play a fight song with a marching band just to make it a MORE college atmosphere as far as I care.