• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina had a ‘college defense’

Tbe

I  got a good laugh from the video. 

Snow, is an old school football guy. Period. 

He's use to coaching n college,  where ya have to make do with players that don't fit the mold. So He's putting the players he has into positions for success, and it doesn't fit the mold of defenses you normally see in the NFL. 

Plus, this defense seems like it is very capable to adapting to however offenses want to try to attack it. 

Good luck boys. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Our current defensive front is aggressive and the pass rush is more consistent.  

Consistent AND diversified, which is maybe more significant.

Reddick has 3 sacks through 2 games, and Burns has 2 -- but the hard to block against factor is this:  we have 8 guys who've been involved with sacks!

Who you gonna double?  Pressure comes from everywhere -- the octopus defense.

• Beer 1

Didn’t Bruce Arians say our defense runs a bunch of that college sh*t last season? I figured everyone knew it was more of a college defense. The fact that our opponents have a week to prepare for something they only see from us is a huge advantage. This organization is looking like one David Tepper’s hedge fund’s and it’s exciting to be a part of it. 

8 hours ago, joemac said:

Yep.  I've watched enough football over the years to know when a team is legit and when a team is pretending.  This team is absolutely legit.  We are built to make a run in the NFC this year.  And we're still getting our feet wet.  If Rhule and Fitterer play their cards right this could be the start of something very special in Charlotte. 

Right there with you bud. I want to see two more games of Sam and D, but it feels like I have seen enough. Darnold looks faaar better than I thought........ Coming form the jets he should be shell-shocked, given the panthers OL is sus. Not so far- he is moving well in the pocket and doesnt panic.....plus his arm is better. Most impressed with ball placement....years of Cam, Jake, and others my god I never seen this before.....

D is all on the QB and RBs. Panthers could play with 9 and still beat teams it feels. Like no need to worry about LBs if the DL, Burns, and Reddick are causing havoc. DBs are alll over the TEs/WRs and are not getting the love cause the QB dealing with pressure 50% of the time... Chinn isnt even powered up either, wait til he gets comfy..... D will be even better....