Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Carolina had a ‘college defense’


Tbe
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It is different. 

Last year the lack of talent in our secondary really handcuffed Snow. 

I cannot stress that enough.

The additions of Horn and Reddick have really opening things up for the entire D.  Its beautiful to watch.  I could not be more impressed with those 2 thus far. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

I've talked a bunch of crap about Rodney Harrison, but I'll gladly take him back on that panel now.  Brees is just worse in every way.


But how will he show off those beautiful hair plugs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

They had no choice but to go all defense in their first draft. They honestly could use another one but not before they get some more offensive line help.  That's why I keep cautioning everyone to be patient.  They are still building this team but can break some hearts along they way.

Agreed it may have been a necessity, but how often does a gamble like that pay off?  For the most part especially with Fitt, our moves seem to be working.  Snow is the real deal, Sam is plugging along, CMC still awesome, WR is better than any point in our history, Burns developing, Reddick performing, Jones and Fox contributing, Horn and Jackson looking like a real set of book-end corners, Chinn out of no where, Thompson exploding, Carter taking the helm.  Its all falling into place.  

The heartbreak will come from the o-line or injury.  These guys are ready to make an announcement I'm just curious as to who will be the unfortunate opponent that gets to hear it.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Agreed it may have been a necessity, but how often does a gamble like that pay off?  For the most part especially with Fitt, our moves seem to be working.  Snow is the real deal, Sam is plugging along, CMC still awesome, WR is better than any point in our history, Burns developing, Reddick performing, Jones and Fox contributing, Horn and Jackson looking like a real set of book-end corners, Chinn out of no where, Thompson exploding, Carter taking the helm.  Its all falling into place.  

The heartbreak will come from the o-line or injury.  These guys are ready to make an announcement I'm just curious as to who will be the unfortunate opponent that gets to hear it.

I'm sure the coaches didn't expect all these players to be able to compete from day one. But since they are stepping up it allows the coaches to be more aggressive.  It allows the coaches to be more creative sooner rather than later when the have more talent.  I am digging it.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Agreed it may have been a necessity, but how often does a gamble like that pay off?  For the most part especially with Fitt, our moves seem to be working.  Snow is the real deal, Sam is plugging along, CMC still awesome, WR is better than any point in our history, Burns developing, Reddick performing, Jones and Fox contributing, Horn and Jackson looking like a real set of book-end corners, Chinn out of no where, Thompson exploding, Carter taking the helm.  Its all falling into place.  

The heartbreak will come from the o-line or injury.  These guys are ready to make an announcement I'm just curious as to who will be the unfortunate opponent that gets to hear it.

I think the Saints heard it Loud & Clear yesterday LOL!  I have not seen domination out of a Carolina defense like that since that game against the Cardinals in the playoffs when they were on like their 4th string QB. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen this last night. I didn't take it as a slight though. He said it's a hard Def to game plan againts. He also commented at half time that the Panthers Def basically pummeled the saints O. We have a lot of college concepts. Didn't look like shade to me...

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I though Brees was going to be an apologist for why his beloved Saints looked so bad on Sunday.   Maybe try to malign the Panthers with some snarky comments. 

But Brees seemed to be sincere and honest in his description.  It appears the Panther's defensive schemes are much more similar to those played in the college game than the NFL.  Which other NFL folks have echoed as well.

I'm not a HOF quarterback so all I know is sacks & int's are what they are.   Dominating the opponent's line of scrimmage is a good thing.   Keep doing that stuff and the Panthers will continue to win.   I don't care if it's using a middle school defense.  

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm sure the coaches didn't expect all these players to be able to compete from day one. But since they are stepping up it allows the coaches to be more aggressive.  It allows the coaches to be more creative sooner rather than later when the have more talent.  I am digging it.

Admittedly I've always been a sucker for this team, but I've seen enough of them to recognize when we look good.  This team is good.  Shades of '03.  Cast off QB, stellar run game, blistering Defense with a lethal front 7.  Just saying, the similarities are there.  Lets see if we can match that 5-0 start.

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Admittedly I've always been a sucker for this team, but I've seen enough of them to recognize when we look good.  This team is good.  Shades of '03.  Cast off QB, stellar run game, blistering Defense with a lethal front 7.  Just saying, the similarities are there.  Lets see if we can match that 5-0 start.

Yep.  I've watched enough football over the years to know when a team is legit and when a team is pretending.  This team is absolutely legit.  We are built to make a run in the NFC this year.  And we're still getting our feet wet.  If Rhule and Fitterer play their cards right this could be the start of something very special in Charlotte. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I think the Saints heard it Loud & Clear yesterday LOL!  I have not seen domination out of a Carolina defense like that since that game against the Cardinals in the playoffs when they were on like their 4th string QB. 

The Saints heard it, the Jets felt it.  The league is still sleep, tho.  I'm thinking a certain team in the Dallas-Ft Worth area might be the recipient of our formal announcement.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Admittedly I've always been a sucker for this team, but I've seen enough of them to recognize when we look good.  This team is good.  Shades of '03.  Cast off QB, stellar run game, blistering Defense with a lethal front 7.  Just saying, the similarities are there.  Lets see if we can match that 5-0 start.

It is certainly looking similar in that regard and it may truly be that good.  I'm not sure they are quite there yet but they certainly are looking the part so far.  It's a long season though and we need a lot of luck to stay healthy.  I just enjoy being the spoilers right now.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...