• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"You need to pay attention to the Panthers"

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not sure we are a complete enough team to take on teams like TB and KC right now. We are young and we don't quite have the correct personnel to yet. But I mean where we came from year one to two is awesome. We have made more progress in two years than the NYG have in 5 years.

I'm not sure of it either, I think our defense is at a level we can be a wild card with no major injury's. On offense we have some young interior guys that could take over sometime this season and I personally think it would drastically improve our interior line.

On Defense and especially with Bouye I think we can match up and pressure just about anyone, It's the Tom Brady's Josh Allen's Russel Wilson's and Patrick M type guys we will need the offense to kick up anther few years to beat.... Lucky for us we don't play many good QBs in the regular season.

*It was inccorect early in the season I try to focus on a wait and see approach not being a downer or a guy with unrealistic expectations*

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
I'd also like to apologize for calling you a hate

11 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The defense has to prove its capable of getting off the field on 3rd down with a higher percentage rate than last year. That was their Achilles heel.  That and stopping the run constantly will determine how they are ranked at seasons end.

So far they have shown improvement in both areas.

I, like 95% of the board, may end up eating a lot of crow before the season is over. I am surprised, in a good way, at how well our linebackers have played with this stout line and secondary complimenting them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The defense has to prove its capable of getting off the field on 3rd down with a higher percentage rate than last year. That was their Achilles heel.  That and stopping the run constantly will determine how they are ranked at seasons end.

So far they have shown improvement in both areas.

Improvement might be a slight understatement at this point. lol! They have basically reversed from the worst to best. But I agree, they have to keep that up. It is just week two and we have a long way until seasons end. Just refreshing to see that our staff seen the issues last year and made them a priority. Most of the major problems we had last year, they made a valiant effort to fix. O-line moves were a head scratcher, but all in all their decisions seem to have paid off. Even the TE Dan Arnold decision looks to be a good one after this week. Red zone issues will probably clear up the more they all start to gel (including coaches). Just have to keep getting comfortable in their roles.   

34 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think last year you saw us compete. I hope we win some of those games we lost last year. Its a long season this year and injuries no doubt will make us have to be next man up at times. I hope we can do like Sunday and keep rolling. Darnalds development will def play a big roll but he seems to be getting more comfortable and the league is taking notice.

I think we would have won half of the games we lost, if not more, if we would have had this defense last year. I honestly think they over-performed last year, at least from what I was expecting. If they keep this up, this is a Super Bowl defense. There is no question in that. Can the rest of the team fall in line? I don't know. But this defense is special. The offense has some issues, but not ones that I would deem unfixable. Questions still out on the o-line though. If they hold up, it's playoffs for sure. NFC West is loaded though, so it's not gonna be a 9 wins gets us a Wild Card. I'm thinking 11 wins are going to be necessary to beat the NFC West teams to a Wild Card.   

1 hour ago, mbarbour21 said:

I think we would have won half of the games we lost, if not more, if we would have had this defense last year. I honestly think they over-performed last year, at least from what I was expecting. If they keep this up, this is a Super Bowl defense. There is no question in that. Can the rest of the team fall in line? I don't know. But this defense is special. The offense has some issues, but not ones that I would deem unfixable. Questions still out on the o-line though. If they hold up, it's playoffs for sure. NFC West is loaded though, so it's not gonna be a 9 wins gets us a Wild Card. I'm thinking 11 wins are going to be necessary to beat the NFC West teams to a Wild Card.   

Last year's defense, as bad as it was, gave the offense enough opportunities to win a lot of games last season.  If they win half of those we would have been in the playoffs.  Just saying. 

The biggest up grade in the offseason was at the qb position.  The offense will determine the Panthers fate once again but this time the defense is much stouter and may win a game or two on their own.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Last year's defense, as bad as it was, gave the offense enough opportunities to win a lot of games last season.  If they win half of those we would have been in the playoffs.  Just saying. 

The biggest up grade in the offseason was at the qb position.  The offense will determine the Panthers fate once again but this time the defense is much stouter and may win a game or two on their own.

Yup. Darnold looks much improved and clearly can still play football despite the misery in NY.

But can he be the guy in the clutch we will need?  We all harp on Teddy's arm strength but the real issue was his inability to find ways to win the game for us in all those one score games... He folded under pressure.  Darnold will get his chance to prove differently and I am hopeful he can be.

Just now, mav1234 said:

Yup. Darnold looks much improved and clearly can still play football despite the misery in NY.

But can he be the guy in the clutch we will need?  We all harp on Teddy's arm strength but the real issue was his inability to find ways to win the game for us in all those one score games... He folded under pressure.  Darnold will get his chance to prove differently and I am hopeful he can be.

There is only two guestions Sam has to provide answers to to silence his critics;

1.) Can he bounce back from a bad start?

B.) Can he carry the offense if his targets are not helping? (Although this one is more for the Fields faithful).

If he can answer the first for me I would sleep better before our games.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't know man, I'm not straight disagreeing with you. But this defense is not the same as last year. I fully agree the defense last year kept us in games. They performed at a much higher level than I expected. But our defense got A LOT better at 3rd down stops, QB pressure, and rush defense. It is on another level this year. We would have absolutely won more games last year with this defense, regardless of offensive change. If we are talking one position, I would totally agree QB was the biggest upgrade. Just based on the importance of the position alone the upgrade was huge. But that D as a whole is phenomenal. Like 30 yards for Kamara. Bro, we could have won with 3 field goals. lol! 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I don't know man, I'm not straight disagreeing with you. But this defense is not the same as last year. I fully agree the defense last year kept us in games. They performed at a much higher level than I expected. But our defense got A LOT better at 3rd down stops, QB pressure, and rush defense. It is on another level this year. We would have absolutely won more games last year with this defense, regardless of offensive change. If we are talking one position, I would totally agree QB was the biggest upgrade. Just based on the importance of the position alone the upgrade was huge. But that D as a whole is phenomenal. Like 30 yards for Kamara. Bro, we could have won with 3 field goals. lol! 

I agree this year's defense is ballin their ass off. I'm saying that last years defense was not the reason they were losing those close games. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There is only two guestions Sam has to provide answers to to silence his critics;

1.) Can he bounce back from a bad start?

B.) Can he carry the offense if his targets are not helping? (Although this one is more for the Fields faithful).

If he can answer the first for me I would sleep better before our games.

We do know that mid game he can bounce back from a bad series, and get points on the board to keep us up by 2 scores at least.  But I think you'll be right, we will need to see those two items to have a better idea what we have.