• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"You need to pay attention to the Panthers"

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

We have left points on the board in both the Jets and Taints games.  We have to be able to convert 3rd and 4th and 1 yard or less.  Brady has to have plays in his book that don't include running up the gut or off guard...we can't do it. 

If it's that obvious to us, I'm sure that the coaching staff recognizes it, too.   Either (or both) blocking personnel changes, or using play-action in the RZ, should fix things.

Houston has surrendered 21 to lowly Jax, and 31 to Cleveland.  I have no doubt we'll be able to put up 30+ against them.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No more overlooking this team from anyone. 

Not quite yet.  That'll happen if we win the next 2 games.  Right now, the talking heads will probably chalk this one up to the poor depleted Saints' roster, and of course, the Jets' win meant nothing.  When the "experts" come out with their revised Power Rankings, I doubt we'll move up to the top 16.  Which suits me fine.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Not quite yet.  That'll happen if we win the next 2 games.  Right now, the talking heads will probably chalk this one up to the poor depleted Saints' roster, and of course, the Jets' win meant nothing.  When the "experts" come out with their revised Power Rankings, I doubt we'll move up to the top 16.  Which suits me fine.

I'm not referring to the talking heads.  I talking other teams.  To hell with what the media thinks or says.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

ESPN predictions

image.thumb.png.e4e8d05b4bee3c4dce76dfc66de16c77.png

I felt like a homer predicting that we would win a close game against 4 time NFCS division champions who just beat the tar out the Packers.  We blow them out leaving points on the board.  

For the record, I did not pick against the Panthers in the Yahoo Pick Em contest.

And if the board shows that I did, it's a frigging liar 🤬

• The D 1

14 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

If it's that obvious to us, I'm sure that the coaching staff recognizes it, too.   Either (or both) blocking personnel changes, or using play-action in the RZ, should fix things.

Houston has surrendered 21 to lowly Jax, and 31 to Cleveland.  I have no doubt we'll be able to put up 30+ against them.

Add in the fact that we will probably have very good field position if the defense plays like they did against the Saints. Texans with a rookie QB in his first start. I honestly would be very upset if we didn't score at least 30 on Thursday night. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer's latest MMQB...

And now, they’re a few days away from, potentially, going into a Week 4 showdown in Dallas on extra rest and with a 3–0 record.

Whoa. . .tap them brakes Big Al.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  One game at a time.

But it is going to be nice to have a few extra days to prepare for the Cowpokes.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

The best sign is we controlled the game on both sides of the ball.  If we can get this STs unit to achieve functionality, we will have a chance to win every time we step on the field. As a fan, you cant ask for anything more.

ST definitely almost cost us a couple of times yesterday. Hopefully they can work out the kinks.