• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"You need to pay attention to the Panthers"

Mr. Scot

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

I honestly don't think we have been over looked. I think we might just have the best front 4 in football right now. Teams really can't do much about them. They play the ball really well and rush the passer better. That's just really hard to plan for because no one has a Burns, Brown, Reddick combo on the practice squad. We are a really good defense. Our offense while not great doesn't have to be. They just don't have to turn the ball over and we win.

Fans over look people the teams don't, I couldn't agree with you more here snake our pass rush is insane and our rush defense is legitimate .6 ypc for Kamara 

2 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

BINGO!  The improvement in both areas has been really noticeable so far.  It's been quite some time since we've seen our defense stopping the run like we have these last 2 games.  Stopping Kamara felt particularly nice since he'd pretty much been a player we couldn't stop well in recent seasons.

And of course Kamara only had 5 yards rushing on 8 carries.  So nice to see.

That is a key reason they are trending up.  It allows them to do so much with the defense. 

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I said it all week I thought we would shut down the Saints ground Game any time you can make teams as one dimensional as we have been able to thus far good things will happen.

You are correct. It will be key to success in this upcoming game as well.  Stop the run and pressure the qb, defense 101.

• Pie 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

You are correct. It will be key to success in this upcoming game as well.  Stop the run and pressure the qb, defense 101.

I don't think the run defense is smoke and mirrors we aren't just stopping it we are knocking it out cold at the line, I think the additions of Jones/Fox have played a big part... I wouldn't even have believed 8 carried for 5 yards for Alvin Kamara.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I don't think the run defense is smoke and mirrors we aren't just stopping it we are knocking it out cold at the line, I think the additions of Jones/Fox have played a big part... I wouldn't even have believed 8 carried for 5 yards for Alvin Kamara.

I don't think the Saints would have believed that either. 

I don't think they have come to grips with as of 5 o'clock today. Maybe tomorrow it will set in.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think the Saints would have believed that either. 

I don't think they have come to grips with as of 5 o'clock today. Maybe tomorrow it will set in.

Oh the stainreport is hilarious right now they have a thread over there saying the Texans will beat us but they hope not by too much, those poor swap rats have lost it.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The defense has to prove its capable of getting off the field on 3rd down with a higher percentage rate than last year. That was their Achilles heel.  That and stopping the run constantly will determine how they are ranked at seasons end.

So far they have shown improvement in both areas.

Yeah it really shows you a coaching staff and players have goals. If we keep going like this no doubt we will see the playoffs. You have to have good players and good coaching to win and I think we are seeing some of both. Lots to improve but def a improvement from last year.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Fans over look people the teams don't, I couldn't agree with you more here snake our pass rush is insane and our rush defense is legitimate .6 ypc for Kamara 

Yup its a really good sign. We are a young team so I expect hiccups but honesty year two that happens. This team was pure trash when Rhule took over so seeing such a leap is really encouraging.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yup its a really good sign. We are a young team so I expect hiccups but honesty year two that happens. This team was pure trash when Rhule took over so seeing such a leap is really encouraging.

I expect a bump or "hiccup" game or too but I suspect we will be in every game we play our big Dts and overall team speed are allowing us to line up in wide formations with 9-10 guys crowding the line and still drop 6 of them in coverage..... Offenses just don't know we're the rush is coming from.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I expect a bump or "hiccup" game or too but I suspect we will be in every game we play our big Dts and overall team speed are allowing us to line up in wide formations with 9-10 guys crowding the line and still drop 6 of them in coverage..... Offenses just don't know we're the rush is coming from.

I think last year you saw us compete. I hope we win some of those games we lost last year. Its a long season this year and injuries no doubt will make us have to be next man up at times. I hope we can do like Sunday and keep rolling. Darnalds development will def play a big roll but he seems to be getting more comfortable and the league is taking notice.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I think last year you saw us compete. I hope we win some of those games we lost last year. Its a long season this year and injuries no doubt will make us have to be next man up at times. I hope we can do like Sunday and keep rolling. Darnalds development will def play a big roll but he seems to be getting more comfortable and the league is taking notice.

I like the approach with Darnold so far it's refreshing to see the defense give him the time he needs to re build his confidence. We can beat anyone but playing contenders we will need more for Sam.

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I like the approach with Darnold so far it's refreshing to see the defense give him the time he needs to re build his confidence. We can beat anyone but playing contenders we will need more for Sam.

I'm not sure we are a complete enough team to take on teams like TB and KC right now. We are young and we don't quite have the correct personnel to yet. But I mean where we came from year one to two is awesome. We have made more progress in two years than the NYG have in 5 years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1