• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Gonzalez get to stay?

Khyber53

Well, we actually have to keep him for the next 2 weeks because we signed him off another team's practice squad, so he will be our kicker on Thursday. But he didn't do much yesterday to convince me he's the guy. I say keep looking until we find the right guy, we will get it right eventually right?

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

So, are we keeping Zane Gonzalez after yesterday's performance, or is he shown the door like Santos and Slye before him?

FG's 2/3 (long of 42) and PAT's 2/3.

Will he get a pass because of the short week ahead of us or will Rhule make another move?

No choice. Since we signed Gonzalez off the Lions practice squad, he has to stay on the active roster for three weeks.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yes, the block wasn't his fault, 100% on the blocking unit and his missed PAT was by a hair.  Missed kicks will happen, you have to look at how they were missed.  Slye was utterly shanking kicks.  Gonzalez just slightly misjudged his angle.

I'm surprised the Vikings didn't sign Slye, they seem to like those types of kickers. Remember last year when we played them and he missed the game winner wide by like 10 yards? 

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I'm surprised the Vikings didn't sign Slye, they seem to like those types of kickers. Remember last year when we played them and he missed the game winner wide by like 10 yards? 

I rewatched that Minnesota game over the offseason and Slye got freaked out because he had one blocked in that game. The final kick flew way off to the side because of the fear of it getting blocked from earlier in the game

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It would be a waste of a roster spot but it doesn't mean we can't bring someone else in and kick for the next two games. 

Yeah, I could see us doing this to be honest…bring someone in to compete in practice and whoever looks better gets the start.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

That's why I'm not souring on Gonzalez yet.  He has the correct form and seems to kick consistently. That PAT miss was about leaving the ball a little inside kicking from the same side hash.  I would have much more concern if he would have missed wide right.