• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold stats through week 2

Zod

So I just was looking at Sam's NextGen Passing Charts from week 1 & 2 side by side thanks to a tweet from Steven Ruiz:

Interesting and encouraging to see the HUGE improvement on intermediate passes 10-20 yards) from week 1 to week 2.  And WAY FEWER passes at or behind LOS.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I know it's sacrilege here, but the hit and pressure on Sam  that caused the INT and then 7 points came from the RIGHT side of the line.  PJ Williams waltzed into the backfield untouched  as Moton and MIller double teamed the tackle rather than picking up the blitz.  If that was Erving this place would be melting down.  

• Pie 1

Jet Fan here and believe Sam got screwed by the JETS.  I recorded the NO game and thought Sam looked better then I have seen since his rookie days. 

The sheer fact that he "now" goes through his progressions (something he was and still is criticized for BTW), making the correct reads and throws, letting the game come to him, and finally doesn't have "happy feet " is a significant improvement over the SAM of the last two years. 

I can tell you your coaching staff and schemes are working.  

As another poster pointed out, SAM has wheels.  Use it as a way to keep the D honest.  he is faster a then you think... go back and watch the run vs. Denver.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Spatric said:

Jet Fan here and believe Sam got screwed by the JETS.  I recorded the NO game and thought Sam looked better then I have seen since his rookie days. 

The sheer fact that he "now" goes through his progressions (something he was and still is criticized for BTW), making the correct reads and throws, letting the game come to him, and finally doesn't have "happy feet " is a significant improvement over the SAM of the last two years. 

I can tell you your coaching staff and schemes are working.  

As another poster pointed out, SAM has wheels.  Use it as a way to keep the D honest.  he is faster a then you think... go back and watch the run vs. Denver.  

• Beer 2