• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic not very impressed with Sam Darnold

Zod

1 minute ago, ncsfinest21 said:

. I think CMC is really bailing him out.

I love it when people say this but have no idea what it means.

If anything CMC bailed out the WRs who couldn't get open numerous times vs 5th string CBs. Re-watching the the game you can see them covered up when he does end up throwing it to CMC. That's called doing what you're supposed to do.

When you put both games on there aren't WRs streaking open all over the place and then he just dumps it to CMC. And he actually skips CMC who was wide open to go deeper on a couple of throws like the one to Anderson. But sure a moron who has no idea about anything would say CMC is bailing out Darnold.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, t96 said:

Lol why would we have some random week 2 game against the Aints without Brees circled? Everyone and their mother knows that the critical matchups for us this year and the real games that are "circled" are the Bucs games and Bills game.

In the scheme of reality the Bills game means little (AFC game) the Buccaneers games are also weeks 16 and 18 the playoff picture will be defined pretty well by then.

1 hour ago, RJK said:

The only thing I’d like to see more from Sam and Brady is a designed run now and again. He’s got wheels and the bootlegs are great. Not asking for QB draws or option plays like cam but a couple times a game scheme a run to keep the front 7 honest 

My kingdom for a good endzone fade to Terrace Marshall or Dan Arnold.

• Beer 1

It is so massively obvious he has improved on things he has struggled with for years. Has he made some dumb decisions? Sure, but those are less common than the number of 'wow' throws we see every game. He is a huge upgrade over Teddy and has shown he can drive this team straight into the playoffs. Stop making excuses for his success, we have dominated every football game we have played this year.

• Pie 5

55 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Honestly checkdown Teddy could do this with a healthy CMC. Teddy has been balling. Darnold is playing ok. I think CMC is really bailing him out.

We lost EVERY game last year that we did have CMC, even before the first injury.  CMC lost every game he was in.   I think Teddy would have played better here this year, but that ship has sailed.  He's a bronco now.

• Pie 1