• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic not very impressed with Sam Darnold

Zod

That’s fair. I mean looked how great Kyle Allen looked in his first few games. There have been plenty of times a while has looked great in a short period and ended up sucking. I think he has improved and is still young enough to greatly improve but we will see how the rest of the season goes.

1 hour ago, CarolinaXblue said:

Fug Joe Person. I don’t care if he wrote the article or not.

Sir, I just have to say I admire how your hatred cannot be distracted, forborn, or muted by little things like relevance to the thread and topic at hand. True hatred shines through, even when it is only tangential to the topic being discussed.

I see your fug Joe Person and salute it. 

Also fug Jerome Boger.

That is all.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I wonder if Broncos fans are saying the same thing about Teddy right now. Darnold is playing the Alex Smith role right now, the way the gameplay is going you can see he’s barely throwing to his second read, and that’s the way the coaches wanted. These two games have been on a silver platter, any halfway decent QB would have done what Darnold has done

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I wonder if Broncos fans are saying the same thing about Teddy right now. Darnold is playing the Alex Smith role right now, the way the gameplay is going you can see he’s barely throwing to his second read, and that’s the way the coaches wanted. These two games have been on a silver platter, any halfway decent QB would have done what Darnold has done

You see what you want to see not what is actually happening. Way to be consistent.

Consistently wrong...  

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You see what you want to see not what is actually happening. Way to be consistent.

Consistently wrong...  

Yea that's one of the most hilarious not worth paying any attention to posts on here and you know that says a lot. Nothing even approaching reality there.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

No thanks.  Just handed it to CMC.  That's what he we pay him to do. 

Sam Darnold still has a really weird turnover juju.    From college to pros.   If he plays a football game, he turns it over.    I don't want to intentionally work him in as a rusher at this stage. 

college - 27 games - 36 turnovers

nfl 40 games - 42 turnovers.   Including 1 in each game for the Panthers.   

That's just weird stuff. 

The difference, though, is that those two turnovers with the Panthers were not of the actual PASSING variety where he threw the ball and was intercepted (to be fair, he did come close a couple of times on other occasions but almost is almost)

First was a botched hand-off and this one was him not taking a sack when he should've.  I know he was hit from behind but a defender already had his arms wrapped around him at that point so it was way too risky to attempt anything at that point(yet he did and the result is what we got). 

Those are things he and Rhule can clean up.    As far as actual Passing plays, he's been very efficient.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The difference, though, is that those two turnovers with the Panthers were not of the actual PASSING variety where he threw the ball and was intercepted (he came close a couple of times on other occasions). 

First was a botched hand-off and this one was him not taking a sack when he should've.  I know he was hit from behind but a defender already had his arms wrapped around him at that point so it was way too risky to attempt anything at that point(yet he did and the result is what we got). 

Those are things he and Rhule can clean up.    As far as actual Passing plays, he's been very efficient.

Yeah, weird turnover juju in general though.  It’s always been all over the map.  Fumbles and picks.   He averaged a turnover per game at USC, NY and now Carolina.   And his two here have been weird and ugly.  

I simply don’t see the need to insert him into the rushing game given that juju.  We have the best RB in the NFL.  Hand it off to him.    I mean, scramble and take a lane if it presents itself….but I’m not looking to see a lot of called Darnold runs 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, weird turnover juju in general though.  It’s always been all over the map.  Fumbles and picks.   He averaged a turnover per game at USC, NY and now Carolina.   And his two here have been weird and ugly.  

I simply don’t see the need to insert him into the rushing game given that juju.  We have the best RB in the NFL.  Hand it off to him.    I mean, scramble and take a lane if it presents itself….but I’m not looking to see a lot of called Darnold runs 

The only time I would not be against a QB draw or sneak is if we are 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line.

That's it.

Edited by glenwo2

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

The only time I would not be against a QB draw or sneak is if we are 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line.

That's it.

Yeah, I separate sneaks into their own category.  I mean Tom Brady might be right there with Cam in terms of getting that one yard.   But Brady isn’t part of a rush game. 

• Pie 1