• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elfein OUT Thursday night

ncfan

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Sorry, they need to start Christensen over Daley and get this young man used to NFL play.  I don't like idea of moving him to the right side anyway.  Maybe he'll have enough snaps under his belt to slide over to LT by next season and beat out Erving.  Dude ain't getting any better on the sideline.

I would prefer this as well.  But I'm not an offensive line coach.  I have to remind myself that these offensive line kids are not conditioned for the long nfl season. Very few are able to handle that kind of worked load much less learn all the protections.  Sometimes they are forced to start out if necessity for bad teams, maybe we are ine of them, but it's not the preferred route for coaches. 

Christensen may be able to start soon but the big boy Brown may take some time on the conditioning side to be able to start. 

• Beer 1

It wouldn't make me cry to see Deonte get some snaps this week.

Obviously he isn't ready to start, and his position flexibility is non-existent.  However, this might be the best chance he has this year:  get on the bench when someone is injured and grabbing a few snaps here or there.  Maybe he turns some heads in those reps, best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Addition by subtraction.   This might  be the beginning of the end for elf. Lose his position to a younger better player that got thrown into the mix earlier than expected 

Who is younger and better? It ain’t Daley. Christenson meh. And Brown isn’t getting a chance (right or wrong) until his weight drops.

33 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Didn’t we see this same Story with Norwell and Rivera?  Norwell was the clear better but it took an injury to the starter that was struggling before Rivera put him in?

It was a lot farther along in the season, if my memory serves me right. I don't see anything wrong with bringing rookies along slowly. The "throw them into the fire" philosophy often backfires.

I completely understand the desire to start the younger (and at some point likely better) options now...however, coaches need Sam to be calm, do his job, and not get panicked.  A couple/few missed blitzes by the youngins, and we could undo a lot of work that's gone into Sam already.

• Pie 1