Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

The Day After: Another change for offensive line


Recommended Posts

Welp, it's official.  Donte must be on his way out...

"I thought Donte Jackson really showed up in the run game," Rhule said. "when you have a premier cover corner who will also tackle, ... I mean he triggered on the run, triggered on the balls in the flat, I was really, really, really, really pleased with the way Donte played."

That's four reallys, in case you were counting. That's a good way to gauge how pleased Rhule is with a particular thing.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Welp, it's official.  Donte must be on his way out...

"I thought Donte Jackson really showed up in the run game," Rhule said. "when you have a premier cover corner who will also tackle, ... I mean he triggered on the run, triggered on the balls in the flat, I was really, really, really, really pleased with the way Donte played."

That's four reallys, in case you were counting. That's a good way to gauge how pleased Rhule is with a particular thing.

RIP Jackson's career.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chase Blackburn was one of the very few holdovers from the previous staff, and I think he's the only one left. Kinda hard not to get the feeling that he could be on thin ice.

If we had a decent kicker things wouldn't look so grim right now.

Barring a total special teams meltdown, Chase likely has at least till the end of the season to redeem himself.  At that point he may decide to "dedicate more time to his family".

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chase Blackburn was one of the very few holdovers from the previous staff, and I think he's the only one left. Kinda hard not to get the feeling that he could be on thin ice.

Yep, burning a timeout early because of only having 10 players on the field cost us a chance to attempt a fg at the end of the half.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chase Blackburn was one of the very few holdovers from the previous staff, and I think he's the only one left. Kinda hard not to get the feeling that he could be on thin ice.

If you have a young roster of mostly 1 or 2 year players your STs will be littered with them.  

Mental errors; the bugaboo of years 1 & 2.

Can we pin it all on the staff?

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chase Blackburn was one of the very few holdovers from the previous staff, and I think he's the only one left. Kinda hard not to get the feeling that he could be on thin ice.

 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

According to reporters it's keeping Rhule awake at night. 

I watched the whole presser, and yes, Rhule said ST keeps him awake at night and he said we weren't good in any phase of ST on Sunday.  He also said that's on him, not on Chase, for not having his staff/players better prepared.

Which, to me, translates as, yes, Chase is indeed skating on thin ice with searing hot blades on his skates.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one sack was on Royce Freeman and it killed our drive. That is why it is so hard to take CMC off the field. Royce Freeman is supposed to be a power back and he got blown up by Roby which directly led to Darnold being sacked. 

How do you get blown up by a small CB and allow a sack when you are supposed to be a bruiser?

If CMC is on the field Sam does not get sacked there.

Edited by PootieNunu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The one sack was on Royce Freeman and it killed our drive. That is why it is so hard to take CMC off the field. Royce Freeman is supposed to be a power back and he got blown up by Roby which directly led to Darnold being sacked. 

How do you get blown up by a small CB and allow a sack when you are supposed to be a bruiser?

If CMC is on the field Sam does not get sacked there.

Valid but he was available on a practice squad and not a sought after free agent for a reason. We must be careful not to back ourselves into a corner with this backfield situation. The run blocking is already not ideal and the reality is McCaffrey cannot be on the field all game every game if we want him to be available late in the season. Just like with Cam we must understand and adapt to the reality our best weapon is still human and other players have to help carry the load too.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...