• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Day After: Another change for offensive line

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

According to reporters it's keeping Rhule awake at night. 

You told me to be cool after I seethed-out about the ST. God dam this week was worse than last, Chase needs to fix this giant mess. Not to repeat, but E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about the STs is horrific. Blocking on kickoffs, punts, and FGs/PAs is the worst Ive seen. This punter that everyone was calling the secret weapon/future pro-bowler etc etc, he playing poorly as well. Winning, Sam, havoc D are covering up for them. I can not take many more weeks of this Jon Snow....(unless we keep winning)

Edited by Basbear

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Valid but he was available on a practice squad and not a sought after free agent for a reason. We must be careful not to back ourselves into a corner with this backfield situation. The run blocking is already not ideal and the reality is McCaffrey cannot be on the field all game every game if we want him to be available late in the season. Just like with Cam we must understand and adapt to the reality our best weapon is still human and other players have to help carry the load too.

The sack did not derail the game, i just find it weird that a power back gets blow up by a small corner in pass protection. However if we are looking for a game winning drive we cant have that type of play. Some RB needs to step and be able to spell CMC in all facets of the game, not just being able to run for 3 or 4 yards. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You told me to be cool after I seethed-out about the ST. God dam this week was worse than last, Chase needs to fix this giant mess. Not to repeat, but E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about the STs is horrific. Blocking on kickoffs, punts, and FGs/PAs is the worst Ive seen. This punter that everyone was calling the secret weapon/future pro-bowler etc etc, he playing poorly as well. Winning, Sam, havoc D are covering up for them. I can not take many more weeks of this Jon Snow....(unless we keep winning)

Well to be fair I doubt it was his idea to pack the unit with TE's left over from whatever Rhule has cooked for them.  You have to admit that he is working with whatever he's given.  He is no Phil Snow for goodness sake.  Cut him a little slack mmkay.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

If you have a young roster of mostly 1 or 2 year players your STs will be littered with them.  

Mental errors; the bugaboo of years 1 & 2.

Can we pin it all on the staff?

It falls on Blackburn, but if continues to happen, it’s falls on Rhule.

4 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Welp, it's official.  Donte must be on his way out...

"I thought Donte Jackson really showed up in the run game," Rhule said. "when you have a premier cover corner who will also tackle, ... I mean he triggered on the run, triggered on the balls in the flat, I was really, really, really, really pleased with the way Donte played."

That's four reallys, in case you were counting. That's a good way to gauge how pleased Rhule is with a particular thing.

One of the things I’ve noticed this year is how much Donte has improved. He’s improved a lot in basically every area. He’s improved leadership, his run game and pass defense. He is making all sorts of big plays. If he keeps this up he’s going to get a big payday.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Yes, ST was a mess Sunday. Kicker especially. But Alex Erickson did a good job as PR. That recognition of a live ball after hitting a Panther's foot was exceptional. No other Panther saw that. He's a keeper.

He was the best of the bunch yesterday.  Think about that for a minute.  He is the only person on the unit that is keeping them from looking like complete ass.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1