• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Breer

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

I would like to know the plays Darnold did call an audible and how that play went.

If you can get the TV broadcast, anytime you hear Darnold come to the line and say "kill, kill", it means he changed the play. 

A) Something I learned in watching the old Quarterback Camp shows Gruden used to do is they call two plays in the huddle and when Darnold gets to the line he can "kill" the first play which means we run the second play. Gruden runs a version of the WCO like we do.

B) I noticed most of our kills are runs. Call a pass play add kill it with a run. I'm sure opposing DCs will pick up on it as well.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

The only reason they are tempering expectations is because they don’t want to be wrong. All of these articles just say a whole lot of nothing.

Things turn on a dime in the NFL, but until they do just give him some credit lol. Even if he plays this well all season you couldn’t Rhule us out looking for a QB in the off-season. 

Well if Sam proves to be worth keeping, the search would be for a backup QB. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Call me crazy, but what he's describing here sounds like...ya know, audiblesAnd yet it's something that almost seems to sound new to him.

That can't be right, can it?

Was Gase really that bad?

If you watch the Tim Jenkins video about it that's exactly the case.

The amount of times he goes "well this is just an awful play call - and I don't think Darnold is allowed to audible" is ridiculous.

For the record I think we go to the LOS with two play calls - you hear Darnold yell 'kill kill' quite a lot. He's checking into the alternate play call then.