• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ladies and Gentleman, David Culley

*FreeFua*

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

In the past the Duke football team would pooch punt on 3rd down several times a game. The QB would take the snap like he was going to pass on 3rd down, and then awkwardly kick the ball into the secondary. David Culley is Duke football stupid.

I distinctly remember watching a Duke vs ECU game as a kid learning about football and wondering what the fug was going on

11 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

I distinctly remember watching a Duke vs ECU game as a kid learning about football and wondering what the fug was going on

I was at many of those Duke football games when they were terrible, and I was a teen. The Duke football radio announcers would say that it was good that Duke was pooch punting on 3rd down because it caught the defense off guard. I knew the real reason for pooching was because the QB was so terrible that the coaches were concerned that he would throw a pick 6.

9 hours ago, Bartin said:

It had looked pretty damn good with Tyrod under center. With him out it’s gonna be bad.

That's because he was using his legs. It wasn't the passes beating people. Well that and they were playing the Jags and Browns. I mean that would be like us playing ATL and the Jets. Yes great wins but playing subpar teams.

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Read about this earlier on twitter...  they compared it to Spurrier back in 98 or 99, when he apparently elected to punt on 3rd down.🤣🤣🤣  He did so because he admitted after the game that he was tired of the offense and frustrated with their performance.

BTW, Culley is the guy who once told Steve Smith all he would be is a special teamer/returner his whole career.  So, super smart guy.😂

hopefully we get some steve smith sound bytes out of this week