• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting Stats found on Twitter [*current: Panthers lead league in QB Hits]

KB_fan

Ok and to close out my plethora of bookmarked stats from week 2, here's the links to Will Bryan's week 2 Stats & Superlatives:

Here were just a few of the headlines.... so many great stats, snippets & factoids!

TEAM STATS

• The Panthers held New Orleans to 128 yards, the fewest allowed in the 54-game all-time series with the Saints, and the fewest for New Orleans under head coach Sean Payton, who took over in 2006.
  • Carolina recorded four sacks and had two interceptions. The Panthers' 10 sacks in the season's first two weeks are second-most through two games in franchise history (12, 1998).
  • The Panthers held the Saints to just 48 yards on the ground with 2.8 yards per carry. 93 rush yards allowed through the first two games of a season are the fewest in franchise history.
  • Carolina's defense held the Saints to a combined 2-of-13 on third and fourth downs. On the season, Carolina's defensive third-down percentage of 25.0 is half of last year's total and ranks second-best in the NFL after Sunday's early afternoon games.
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Here are the QB Hits allowed for week 2 and the season to date.  Funny how both the Jets (in week 1) and New Orleans (in week 2) led the league in QB Hits allowed.  Gee.... I wonder what the common factor was? (smile)

Sounds like the O-line did a better job in Week 2 in not allowing the Saints to get to Sam than in Week 1 with the Jets.

That, or Sam did a better job in getting rid of the football.

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I've been bookmarking tons of tweets with various Panthers-related stats these past two weeks and I think it would nice to start compiling some of those best tweets in a single running thread that stays updated throughout the season...

I'll post some of the interesting tweets from the past 24 hours below and then in coming days and weeks, I'll add more as I find them.  

I hope others will feel free to add tweets & stats to the thread too.

Note, I may highlight certain stats in the thread title from time to time to give attention to a certain stat.

I’ve wondered how much of the data is based on blitzing. Seems like we’re getting to the QB with only a 4 man rush. 

5 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I don't feel very qualified to comment on this, and it's still so early.... but it will be interesting to keep an eye on how Brady continues to use Robby & DJ in this year's offense.

Given that Anderson has been targeted less than most expected coming into the season given his time playing with Darnold at the Jets, and the fact that one of those targets resulted in a 56 yard TD bomb, this stat is probably just low sample size and one big outlier at this point. 

Watching the games, it feels like CMC is picking up a ton of targets for dump offs and short completions that they probably jury rigged for Anderson last season when CMC was out.  Right now Anderson seems kind of in a holding pattern production wise in that he's best used for the deep ball, but our OL is suspect to say the least holding up long enough for the deep ball to develop.  With the additions of Marshall and Arnold and CMC's return, there just are a lot more options for shorter passes.

• Pie 1

Great post  KB Fan

I think with all these stats..  the Northeast media will move us up in the Power Ranking..  Maybe from 23  to ..    just a guess,  but  22..    ( sorta like that tweet of the lady on NFL Network raving about the Panthers only to have to guy say,,  " I didn't know all this "   ,   IT'S HIS F'n JOB TO KNOW THIS AND BE ON TV,,

YEAH,,  22 is  pushing it though 🤣

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Pie 2

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I don't feel very qualified to comment on this, and it's still so early.... but it will be interesting to keep an eye on how Brady continues to use Robby & DJ in this year's offense.

I could just simply be who the first two teams defense decided to double cover to take out of the game.  Without watching the game tape I couldn't say for sure but that would be my first guess. Now that DJ is showing out the opposition will now have to double the coverage on both.  I noticed NO was doubling up on DJ in the second half of that game but I didn't really notice that in the first half because I was focusing a lot of attention on out offensive line. 

Edited by Jon Snow

7 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Given that Anderson has been targeted less than most expected coming into the season given his time playing with Darnold at the Jets, and the fact that one of those targets resulted in a 56 yard TD bomb, this stat is probably just low sample size and one big outlier at this point. 

Watching the games, it feels like CMC is picking up a ton of targets for dump offs and short completions that they probably jury rigged for Anderson last season when CMC was out.  Right now Anderson seems kind of in a holding pattern production wise in that he's best used for the deep ball, but our OL is suspect to say the least holding up long enough for the deep ball to develop.  With the additions of Marshall and Arnold and CMC's return, there just are a lot more options for shorter passes.

Very well said. I think you're probably right.

• Beer 1