• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would it be stupid to offer a draft pick (mid round) for an established solid kicker?

YourLastThought

I'm just curious on thoughts but would it be a dimwit move to offer a mid round draft pick to a team for a good established kicker? Would a team even consider this? I guess it would then put that team into kicker jeopardy as we are and that would be a dumb move on their behalf but it would net that team a decent defat pick like say a 4th rounder? Just curious on thoughts because as I see it we will be consistently leaving points off the board with the types of kickers we are bringing in. As much as I couldn't stand Gano I'm now eating crow saying I wish he was back. Good kickers are apparently very hard to find. I wonder what the 80's Bears Kevin Butler is doing these days?

2 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I'd think to have a position that could potentially locked up for 10-15 years of consistent football would be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Think of how many points that position produces every year.

I agree. Kickers are picked on so much but damn those guys are absolutely vital and decide so many things when the score is close

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Who would trade their starting kicker right now? Much less for a 4th. We screwd the pooch with Gano and Butker. Its one of the reasons why Hurney isn't here. Nothing we can do about it till next off season.🤷‍♂️

Very true, I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. And yep Gano or Butker sure do look like nice options these days don't they! I admit I was on the Gano hate train and am now eating my words.