• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Elfein placed on IR

Prowler2k18

Just now, Jon Snow said:

It's early, give it time and it will be league wide on the losing teams.

We are just so use to the oline letting us down that we've come to expect it.

I get that.  But all the more reason to celebrate our OL when they do pretty well, which they have done.  They have exceeded expectations these last two games.  Far from perfect, but those DL's were nasty.

We are the 12th man.  The saints in their  press conferences talked about how loud the stadium was and how it interfered  with their communication.    We should be sending our negative energy to their players...not ours... especially when we win.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

True.  But I've been spending time on the other teams forums.  We are one of the worst on this.   Here, its a drum beat with repetitive "Can he play LT" posts and thread after thread on the lineman we should have drafted or photo play by play shots of our linemen missing blocks and thier pff scores.  Even after wins, we are horrible.  Go visit em.  If we aren't the worst, we are one of the worst.  We use the words the "garbage" and "trash" to describe our line.  You can say other boards do it to our scale, its just not true.   

Daley has some shield from it here for whatever reason, so I expect our sights to turn to Erving, but we'll see.

Byron Bell and Nate Chandler were likely talked about even worse. This is not a new phenomenon for Panthers fans. Until we invest in higher end talent this will likely continue. It's just a part of the job. Nobody felt sorry for Joey Slye or Ryan Santoso and they were making peanuts compared to some other players. Elfein got 6 million guaranteed he will be okay.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Not in pass pro.  Darnold wasn't touched once when Elflein was on the field.  We marched downfield and scored. 

Elflein is out now, so the huddle can pick on a different o-lineman this week.

Darnold not being touched doesn’t mean our guard played great. Darnold has been great at quick reads/passes and pocket awareness (aside from getting drilled while tossing that pick) in spite of our line play. The interior didn’t look like it was doing that good of a job, our coaches and QB just adjusted accordingly.

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

Until we invest in higher end talent this will likely continue. 

The jets invested a first rounder last year and a first rounder this year on their line.   They are players who huddlers had on their draft board.  These are good players.   Both started week 1.  They brought in Morgan Moses with a high PFF to play RT.  

Zack Wilson has been sacked 10 times.

When we do invest in a day one lineman, the huddle will say its the wrong one and will scream, you idiots, WE knew which one pick.  

Before the season, PFF said we had one of the worst lines in football.   The Panthers OL is not performing as the worst line in football.  The OL is exceeding expectations.   Instead of giving credit,  the huddle is nitpicking whichever lineman performed the worst last week.

This is a waste of time.  Haters gonna hate.  I just wish they'd spend more time hating on other teams players.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold not being touched doesn’t mean our guard played great. Darnold has been great at quick reads/passes and pocket awareness (aside from getting drilled while tossing that pick) in spite of our line play. The interior didn’t look like it was doing that good of a job, our coaches and QB just adjusted accordingly.

That OL held enough to get the job done against one of the best DLs in football, and yes, every  one of their DL starters played.  Props to the OL.

Edited by SBBlue

Smart move. Hammies are super tricky and with the 2021 IR rules that allow unlimited player returns so long as they miss games, Elflein can be given time to get healthy without being forced to play thru it or take up a spot when he needs to rest.

Also a great opportunity for Daley to show whether or not he can start or if Christensen is able to be a quick study.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

That OL held enough to get the job done against one of the best DLs in football, and yes, everyone one of their DL starters played.  Props to the OL.

The line played good enough. I think Erving did better than I expected. We can still call out a player that didn’t hold blocks well. Darnold did a great job avoiding pressure (Teddy would have been sacked on some of those plays) CMC had to make something out of nothing a lot. Serious question though (I honestly don’t know), does Davenport not normally start for the Saints?

10 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

The jets invested a first rounder last year and a first rounder this year on their line.   They are players who huddlers had on their draft board.  These are good players.   Both started week 1.  They brought in Morgan Moses with a high PFF to play RT.  

Zack Wilson has been sacked 10 times.

When we do invest in a day one lineman, the huddle will say its the wrong one and will scream, you idiots, WE knew which one pick.  

Before the season, PFF said we had one of the worst lines in football.   The Panthers OL is not performing as the worst line in football.  The OL is exceeding expectations.   Instead of giving credit,  the huddle is nitpicking whichever lineman performed the worst last week.

This is a waste of time.  Haters gonna hate.  I just wish they'd spend more time hating on other teams players.

I could go through a list of former Panthers that fans used to hate on like it was their job and I'm not exaggerating. Even Cam Newton got some of that no different than what Sam has seen. Your best bet is to try and not let it bother you so much sports is very unforgiving for many athletes social media has fueled these behaviors. But I don't think anyone here hates any of our offensive linemen they just want another winning season and if that happens you'll see an attitude change.

this dude is obviously fleecing the Panthers just like Okung, M Kalil, Olsen, and R Kalil at the end of his career…why does this franchise continue to fall for it?

Stop fuging signing injured big men who ‘feel healthier more than ever!’ and go right to IR lol.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Should the team look to bring in a vet LG?

A guy like Kelechi Osemele looks to have recovered well from his knee injuries last season according to reports, which happened almost a year ago. He was solid at LG for the chiefs last year before his injury.

If something happens to Miller or Daley we will be incredibly thin at guard.

• Pie 1