• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Elfein placed on IR

Prowler2k18

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The line played good enough. I think Erving did better than I expected. We can still call out a player that didn’t hold blocks well. Darnold did a great job avoiding pressure (Teddy would have been sacked on some of those plays) CMC had to make something out of nothing a lot. Serious question though (I honestly don’t know), does Davenport not normally start for the Saints?

You're right, Davenport started against the Packers.  

Payton Turner was their first round draft pick.   I assumed he'd start opposite Jordan.  I was wrong.  

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold not being touched doesn’t mean our guard played great. Darnold has been great at quick reads/passes and pocket awareness (aside from getting drilled while tossing that pick) in spite of our line play. The interior didn’t look like it was doing that good of a job, our coaches and QB just adjusted accordingly.

Yep. How many deep shots do we have in two games. One? Two?

Better question, how many should the Panthers have with Robby and DJ while CMC is taking attention?

I suspect once teams adjust, have a guy who can contain CmC (the Jets didn’t have anyone close and Saints didn’t either due to Covid) in check and play man, forcing that line to block it won’t be pretty.

Teams aren’t going to be putting an LB on CMC all year long.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

To be fair it was a long shot he made it through the season without injury benching him anyway. 

I'm with you on that but I have to admit, I thought we would get more than 1.5 games out of him before the injury bug bit.  [The eternal triumph of hope over reason.]

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

How does ripping on OL-men get us another winning season?

Because they didn’t play good? I mean what’s the concern? Are they going to come on the Huddle and get their feelings hurt? It’s an issue that needs to be addressed on what is looking to be a solid roster.

38 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

How does ripping on OL-men get us another winning season?

Fans are recognizing we have defensive talent that could get us into a postseason berth if we play our cards right. The weak link position groups will continue to get the most attention for now. Especially with the offensive weapons we have. I know you do not like criticism but it isn't going anywhere and I assure you it is the same with other teams regardless of what you might read on message board remember fan is short for fanatic.

Edited by frankw

Mitchell Schwartz is going to be an interesting guy to look at should he decide to play next year. He'll have had extra time to recover from back surgery and was playing well up until going down. Wouldn't mind bringing him in to compete if we can get a fair deal put together for both parties.

Daley has not looked like the guy that flashed early in his career so far...  but, I'm hoping that has more to do with constantly moving around.  Ideally, this allows him to cement himself into the starting role, get comfortable, and mesh with the guys around him.  I hope he takes advantage of this and we can just keep Elf on the Shelf.

You're welcome.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Daley has not looked like the guy that flashed early in his career so far...  but, I'm hoping that has more to do with constantly moving around.  Ideally, this allows him to cement himself into the starting role, get comfortable, and mesh with the guys around him.  I hope he takes advantage of this and we can just keep Elf on the Shelf.

You're welcome.

I just hope they come out of the game in one piece.  The last think they need is to lose more olinemen.

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

The jets invested a first rounder last year and a first rounder this year on their line.   They are players who huddlers had on their draft board.  These are good players.   Both started week 1.  They brought in Morgan Moses with a high PFF to play RT.  

Zack Wilson has been sacked 10 times.

When we do invest in a day one lineman, the huddle will say its the wrong one and will scream, you idiots, WE knew which one pick.  

Before the season, PFF said we had one of the worst lines in football.   The Panthers OL is not performing as the worst line in football.  The OL is exceeding expectations.   Instead of giving credit,  the huddle is nitpicking whichever lineman performed the worst last week.

This is a waste of time.  Haters gonna hate.  I just wish they'd spend more time hating on other teams players.

I agree that our O-line probably isn't as bad as a lot of Huddlers think, same was true last year, but you can't just judge an o-line off of sacks and pressures.

Sacks and pressures are not just O-line and D-lines stats.  They are products of the QB and OC also.  WR's and the secondary also have a huge influence on them also.  How many sacks happen after a QBs first read is covered?  

Fact is our system and play calling is very O-line friendly.  Just because our offense if functioning somewhat well that doesn't mean our O-line couldn't improve.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

You're right, Davenport started against the Packers.  

Payton Turner was their first round draft pick.   I assumed he'd start opposite Jordan.  I was wrong.  

Turner was not even active for game one, he got nuclear hot days leading the draft. Went form a 3-4 rounder to 1st. I thought he flashed some and looked strong. Iants still have a great DL. They have been ranked right at the top five for years....ugh. If you look up numbers Cam Jordan is the #1or2nd DE best for the last few years, he has no weakness against run or pass. Numbers are equal or better than Mack on many stats. Panthers OL did great and held them in check.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Just have to call the signing for what it is and that's just not good unfortunately. We are on the hook for a 7 million dollar cap hit with him next year and 4.6 million in dead cap if we move on. We took a gamble but we must be more tactful in the future with injury prone linemen.

WHAT??! That much money?? Cot dammit 

• Beer 1