• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Changing Culture

DaveThePanther2008

I spent years hoping that somehow, some way, Rivera and Hurney would put together a winner. But deep down, my gut was always telling me "it's not gonna happen".

I very much like no longer having to try and convince myself that maybe something good can happen even though the people in charge aren't good at their jobs.

There's still a lot to learn, but at least right now good things feel genuinely possible.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You are not alone my friend.  It's been ages since I had faith in the organization in BOA. 

You can imagine my disgust in keeping the former dipsh*t in charge when Tepper rolled in. He has now completely redeemed himself on that one.

And it looks as if we have someone that can draft beyond the 1st round. That in itself gives my hope.

The FA pickups seem to be going better as a whole. It's just not reasonable to expect that to be great in mu opinion.  If half of them can contribute at an average to good level then you've done about as good as you could hope.

All and all this group has done more in their short time at the helm than most of our coaches and GMs were able to do in twice the amount of time. 

I'm digging what Rhule and Fitterererrr's got cooking.

Pro personnel is Morgan's specialty.

Hopefully, he'll have more of a role in that next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

54 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Way to early to think about the draft, but if Sam proves out, we can use next years draft to build up the line and then we really have something. 

If Sam is the guy, we are in a really good place financially and draft wise. 

Im really hopeful for the future!

Bolded is so important to the future/immediate future of the team.

If, and its a big if, but if Sam can turn his career around like Tannehill....we will have the makings of something really nice here.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Who knows what happens going forward, but for the first time, in a long time, the team seems to know the direction it wants to take.

SOOOO refreshing seeing so many young players out there playing well....that was a rarity under the last two coaching regimes...glad it's gone.

It's not only that they are playing well but you can hear from the players when they talk about our defense.  They are excited and confindent and that vibe you can see and feel.  I was excited before the season started as I felt we had just about every piece on defense but when you listen to them talk about it.  It puts my excitement, maybe yours, into a frantic attitude.

It starts with Rhule and Snow.  I know that the Saints defense was missing tons of talent but our defense played their offense which was intact and we absolutely dominated them.  It wasn't one or two plays that made the difference.  We were up their ass just about every play. We exposed Winston's weakness.

The players have bought into what Rhule is feeding them.

• Pie 3

I'm in agreement with most everything that has been said.

One thing I will add to the specific comments about it being refreshing to see young players getting reps and playing time (which rarely seemed to happen under RR): Even though Rhule is more willing to give our young talent significant playing time vs. trotting out average vets, I love that it isn't an 'all or nothing' type of approach. 

To clarify further what I mean, he seems to evaluate each player individually and assess whether they are ready or not.  That's the way it should work!  It shouldn't be making decisions solely based off of philosophy (always play vets, always roll with the younger guy, etc.)

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

This team doesn't have the vibe of the 2003 or 2015 seasons, but it has something, that's for sure. Hopefully it's going to be something great, but I keep trying to tailor my vision by reminding myself it's just now week 3.

You've got to get out of that mindset.

We're not building flash-in-the-pan teams, we're building a perennial contender. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

This team is a year away (two at most), from being dominate and a force in the league. No more shatting the bed in primetime games or blowing big leads.

Juice up the Oline a bit with some run blockers and find a kicker and they will be almost there. One more draft and a FA aqusition or two.....and watch the fug out.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1