• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Changing Culture

DaveThePanther2008

It all starts at the top with the owner. Tepper didn’t buy this team because he had a couple billion sitting around, he bought it because he loves the sport and he wants to win. Everything you see from play on the field to contracts and signings is because of Tepper.

Sit back and think for a second what we would be seeing if JR was still around.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Going into this season, I made a big point of saying that Rhule and Co. could well find themselves on the hot seat if they didn't outperform last year. I still think that could be the case with a late season melt-down, but I have to say right now, things are looking better than they have in years.

This team doesn't have the vibe of the 2003 or 2015 seasons, but it has something, that's for sure. Hopefully it's going to be something great, but I keep trying to tailor my vision by reminding myself it's just now week 3.

The Jets were a team that collapsed and are being rebuilt. The Saints had excuses and they may have beaten a Green Bay team that is unexpectedly bad (that win over Detroit doesn't wash all the stink off of the prior week). Now, we're up against the Texans and they have a boatload of reasons why they will probably lose. So the pundits will probably downplay our wins, and rightly so. I might worry more if they instead start crowning us as wonderkids this year prematurely.

But, all teams have to play the teams that are on the schedule. Just because we're feeling our Wheaties doesn't mean we can demand a cage match against the champs right now. So, we're just going to have to just truck on down the road and keep beating who the schedule makers put in front of us for the next 21 weeks.

For once, though, I'm really liking our chances coming out of the gates. And that's been a long time coming.

I agree completely.

I think a win vs. the Cowboys next week will get me excited. They’re legit.

If the Panthers can win that one, and despite it still being early, it would appear at that point only the Cardinals, Bills and Bucs really stand in their way. Especially the Bucs.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It feels damn good to feel good about who's in charge.

Agreed.  

D.A.T.'s track record of success is epic and we are all lucky he has chosen to focus his efforts on this franchise, and bring resources to the table hitherto unknown to the people of this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology... 😉😎

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It all starts at the top with the owner. Tepper didn’t buy this team because he had a couple billion sitting around, he bought it because he loves the sport and he wants to win. Everything you see from play on the field to contracts and signings is because of Tepper.

Sit back and think for a second what we would be seeing if JR was still around.

🙌🙌🙌

We haven't even had a ton of splashy big time plays but I find myself seeking Panthers vids and highlights 10X more since probably 2017.  Maybe even earlier than that.

I think we've put the right guys in place.  The OL and QB spots still have a magnifier on them but it's looked better than expected thus far after feeling so deflated with two-gloves.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

I agree completely.

I think a win vs. the Cowboys next week will get me excited. They’re legit.

If the Panthers can win that one, and despite it still being early, it would appear at that point only the Cardinals, Bills and Bucs really stand in their way. Especially the Bucs.

We get a long week before the Cowboys and the guys are going to be amped for that game. My only worry is that we get jittery. But it's a good time to play them.  

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know whether Rhule is ultimately going to be successful or not, but at least so far I like what he's doing.

I'd love for he, Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan to build something special together.

I think he will be successful because of the latter. You have to have guys to compete and it seems we are building a great FO. Give Rhule players and he will be successful. 

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You've got to get out of that mindset.

We're not building flash-in-the-pan teams, we're building a perennial contender. 

I hope so and believe the current management is setting the team up for sustained success, but objectively speaking, it's hard to find a team in the modern NFL that competes perennially that doesn't have a true franchise QB.

Injuries are too much of an unknown on otherwise good teams. A franchise QB can cover for a lot of other deficiencies... exhibit A was Cam in 2015 elevating the offense mostly on his own.

I'm excited about this team and the culture Rhule is creating, but that alone can't elevate this team without an above-average to elite level QB play.

Sam has surprised me by how well he has looked, but it's simply too small of a sample size to make any pronouncements. If anything, it may take the whole year.

If Sam can be that guy, I certainly think Rhule can create a perennial contender.

Otherwise it's back to drawing board again. But, I do think Rhule is smart enough to know all of this, hence why we got rid of Teddy so fast. 

Nothing, not even great coaching and personnel, can ultimately substitute for a truly elite QB

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would add this as a big change for me personally...

It feels damn good to feel good about who's in charge.

(got a feeling I'm not the only one saying that right now)

Always felt like we could never be a consistent contender under the previous regimes especially the general managers. You can't build teams drafting so poorly and having multiple drafts were you get hit on one player and nothing else(2011, 14-16) and poor cap management 

I've never felt better about the long term future of the team

• Pie 1

• 3 months later...