• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at Texans - What Texans Fans are Saying

Zod

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

People are just dumb. We held Kamara to 5 freaking yards. I don’t think extra coaches change that in any way. What are they going to do, run the ball for him?

Like others have stated: even with everyone they had out, every expert still predicted a Saints win.

This is the NFL. Our defense just dominated two teams and is #1 in the league. Texans are trotting out a rookie QB on a short week. The only thing they have going for them is there is hardly any tape on Davis Mills. 

Agreed. If they lost by 3 then I could MAYBE see the argument that the guys missing played a huge role. But they were never in this game.....EVER.

• Pie 2

thursday night away games are always tough

that being said panthers win, and the defense scores a touchdown

what I really want to see is a 3 touchdown 0 turnover game from darnold 

if we can put some distance between us and the other middle of the pack teams(Ari Phi Min etc) this year then we’re in great shape 

Edited by Jorgie
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

I get that we had a close game with the Jets, but it was also week one and it was Sam's first full game. If we had them this week, we would probably win 40-0. There was A LOT of points left on the field against the Jets.

Everyone picked the Saints to beat us until they didn't. Then the excuses started. The team that beat GB 38-3 was not drastically different than the team that was fielded against us. Definitely not 128 yards total bad. I'm not saying it had no affect on the Saints....but come on. It's not like the Saints got Thanos snapped in the middle of the game. They all knew this before entering the game. They praised Payton for his, "Next man up!" success....that never showed up Sunday.

The question of this game is: Who is Davis Mills? We don't really know. I would assume Taylor would be more of a threat. Can Mills and the coaches play around our pass rush? If our pass coverage is as tight as it was against the Saints, can Mills put it where only his guy has a shot, and do that with this pass rush breathing down his neck? My guess is a giant no. 

I'd have to agree though. At this point, I don't see a point in signing another QB to come in and lead the team to mediocrity. Let the rookie play and see what he has. Trade Watson and throw down on a rebuild. Their division isn't all that great, so I could see reason to believe that they could possibly win that if Taylor stayed healthy. But I don't see them beating Browns, Bills, Chiefs, or Ravens in the playoffs right now. 

This game should be a win. (unless Mills turns out to be significantly better than Taylor) However, if we lose, I will lose a lot of expectation going forward. 

Not very good, highly ranked that didn’t live up to potential at the college level.  Cool headed though.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The Panthers have YET to trail in a game.....

True, but you can still struggle while in the lead. We manhandled them all game until the 4th quarter. (at least from a defensive perspective, our offense didn't really do well in the second half) They scored 14 in the 4th, which was more than us that quarter. They won the 4th quarter as far as I am concerned.

33 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

True, but you can still struggle while in the lead. We manhandled them all game until the 4th quarter. (at least from a defensive perspective, our offense didn't really do well in the second half) They scored 14 in the 4th, which was more than us that quarter. They won the 4th quarter as far as I am concerned.

huh? The Saints had less than 40 yards in the 4th qtr total offense... 

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

huh? The Saints had less than 40 yards in the 4th qtr total offense... 

I was referencing the Jets game.

Someone said that they would not say we struggled to beat the Jets. Which I replied that we didn't struggle the whole game, but didn't do well late (in the fourth). Someone then quoted me saying that we have yet to be behind in a game. Which I then replied with the post you quoted. 

44 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

They've yet to play a complete game. They have done fair in the first half of each game but struggled in the 3rd quarter in both. They were able to come alive in the 4th quarter in both games when things got uncomfortable. They will not get away with that against stouter opponents. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We know the drill.  The narrative will continue to shift in favor of slanting the Panthers success.  3-0 will be met with an excuse for every win.  See Mills, Davis as exhibit A. 

And those criticisms would not be unfounded. There's a reason everyone expects the Panthers to gather several wins from the first part of the schedule, and that's because for the most part, we are playing bad teams to start. And given that Darnold is our QB, every break that goes our way is going to be used as a reason that we're not a legit team.