• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Match-up you are most interested in watching tomorrow at Houston?

mbarbour21

Mine has got to be whoever lines up against Brandin Cooks. According to the Carolina Panthers official website:

Cooks has 14 receptions for 210 yards this year, while no other Texan has more than 70 yards.

Horn has not received many targets at all. I think he has been targeted about 4 or 5 times through both games combined, likely because his man has not been open. I'd love to see what he could do against Cooks all game long. However, I don't know how Snow will be playing the corners. I do not see the Texans having the same success running the ball in this game as they have the first two weeks. We held Kamara to around 30 yards total, with only 5 of those yards falling in the rushing category. Tyrod had 55 yards of their total 242 rushing yards, while Davis Mills comes in at a whopping -1 yards. They do not seem to be comfortable evenly spreading the ball around through the air. Whoever is on Cooks will probably have an eventful day. If our guy wins this match-up it will get ugly QUICK.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that Horn sticks with Cooks or will it most likely be a combined effort? 

***Honorable Mention: CMC running against this Texans Defense. They have allowed 4.6 yards average. Granted, they did play the Browns. Haha! 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

Honorable Mention: CMC running against this Texans Defense. They have allowed 4.6 yards average. Granted, they did play the Browns. Haha! 

If you are stating that the Browns have a poor rushing offense, they were the third best in the league last year. Texans were destroyed by Chubb in the 4th. Browns have arguably the best offensive line in the league.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If you are stating that the Browns have a poor rushing offense, they were the third best in the league last year. Texans were destroyed by Chubb in the 4th. Browns have arguably the best offensive line in the league.

No. I was definitely not saying they were not good at running. Their 3rd running back is a beast. Haha! I was implying that the high rushing yards allowed could be because they had to play the Browns. So, maybe they are not quite that bad. I trust CMC, but I do not trust the line.....especially not in run blocking. But 4.6 is a pretty high amount on average. 

• Beer 1

boring answer, but probably most interested in watching special teams.   We will need them to start showing some improvement.   The 3rd phase will matter more and more as our competition gets tougher.    Especially as we enter the 3 game stretch after Houston.  

• Beer 7

1 minute ago, CRA said:

boring answer, but probably most interested in watching special teams.   We will need them to start showing some improvement.   The 3rd phase will matter more and more as our competition get tougher.    Especially as we enter the 3 game stretch after Houston.  

That makes a lot of sense though. Honestly, kick-off coverage probably scares me more than our o-line....if that tells you anything. The missed XP was at least close. Slye would miss wide right or whatever. Besides, the kicker doesn't even matter if we can't keep the other team out of the backfield. However, we are gonna miss those touchbacks BAD if we can't cover. Having to drive 75 yards against this defense is brutal. Field position is HUGE. (ask the Saints) Although, if we can cover well and force opposing teams to start at the 20 or worse it could work in our favor. But that is a big if. But I agree, kicker will be a problem against tougher competition. I'm still not sure what we have in Zane. 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah they are not "just the Browns" anymore and as you said that line is pretty awesome. Good thing too because Mayfields passer rating under pressure is abysmal.