• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Throwback: Steve Smith

Mr. Scot

I always chuckle when Smitty is referred to as a "small" WR. He wasn't small, he was short. I know he was listed at 185 but I'm pretty sure that was his Combine weight and I don't think that number was ever updated during his career. I wouldn't doubt if he spent much of his career playing pretty close to the 200 mark. He really was a WR built like a RB and he ran like a RB once the ball was in his hands.

The guy who played at Utah

07dd112a0e72d75ee6618ee1e760b321af55a882

Looked a lot different than mid-career Smitty

steve-smith-panthers-4.gif

• Pie 4

To me, that game and Chinn's back-to-back fumble recovery TDs game are two of our most memorable losses.  It's so frustrating to see those incredible individual performances and know that those players always have to add the "but we still lost" to the memory.

Regarding Henry: "Would've been a great story if we'd won the game."

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, coffee said:

To me, that game and Chinn's back-to-back fumble recovery TDs game are two of our most memorable losses.  It's so frustrating to see those incredible individual performances and know that those players always have to add the "but we still lost" to the memory.

Regarding Henry: "Would've been a great story if we'd won the game."

fuging Teddy Shitwater threw away that Chinn TD game

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i remember that like it was yesterday. 14-0 right off the bat at the top of a promising season and then everything just went to hell (in the game and in the season)

Even though they lost that game Jake was on fire in 2007, 8 TDs to 1 int in less than 3 games before the attack of Tommy Jone.

• Pie 3

38 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I was at that game. Everyone had cleared out at that point of the game because we were behind and I lost my mind when it happened. He was the only player killing themselves for the win 

I was there, too.  I for sure thought he was tackled.  From my vantage point, all I could see was Houston jerseys.  Then suddenly, there was Smitty running down the field.  Even then, I thought it would be called back as I thought the refs would call him being down.  Then they showed it on the jumbotron and I was thinking, how the hell did he get out of that?  He gave everything every game.  Loved Smitty.