• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo.com article: How Phil Snow turned the Panthers’ defense into the NFL’s new nightmare

BlitzMonster

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, assuming we do whoop the poo out of Houston tomorrow, the hype train is going to be firmly rolling down the tracks.  We are going to be the talk of the league - even more so than we already are after last week.

IDK guys....this time around just feels different.  It feels like we are actually building something long term special here, instead of these 1 year wonder flash in the pan teams.  With all the youth we've got, all the studs up and down the starting lineups on both sides of the ball, all the cap space we've got, you've got to think its only going to improve moving forward.

I really think we let up on the gas against the Jets, and we'll probably do the same tomorrow.  If pattern holds, a 3 score lead  then pump the brake.  Maybe experiment a little.

We are going to run a lot more.  We have no excuse this time.    They were the WORST team against the run last year.   There should be holes to run.  I expect a couple breakways, even for Chubba, maybe we'll see some Royce.  

I really think we ran up the score on the Saints because that is what they did to the Packers.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They won't for a long time.

They can try to figure it out all they want, but there is hardly anything you can do if Horn is locking his man down and Burns and Reddick are simply beating the man in front of them one on one. 

Speed kills. 

• Pie 4

I think the defense and particular the secondary was very different between Green Bay and the Saints. One was a prevent shell while last week was a primarily man cover often cover 0 pressuring receivers off the line preventing the quick hitters. I hope we keep the man and retire the prevent defense of last year. Especially since we now have the guys to run a man scheme. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, joemac said:

They can try to figure it out all they want, but there is hardly anything you can do if Horn is locking his man down and Burns and Reddick are simply beating the man in front of them one on one. 

Speed kills. 

Agreed

You can't "figure out" talent.   If the athleticism and execution are outstanding, a defense is going to succeed. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I think the defense and particular the secondary was very different between Green Bay and the Saints. One was a prevent shell while last week was a primarily man cover often cover 0 pressuring receivers off the line preventing the quick hitters. I hope we keep the man and retire the prevent defense of last year. Especially since we now have the guys to run a man scheme. 

The personnel will pretty much dictate what he can do. Last year he didn't have time to get these young guys ready from the jump. As the season went on and he had time to get them use to the pace aand flow of what he needed them to do you could see significant improvement in the defense.  He also didn't have much to work with. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You're right.  It was.  We couldn't play man last year because we didn't have the personnel.

When you're outmanned, you don't play man.

• Pie 1

Rhule said he wanted fast, athletic and players that could play multiple positions.  Last year we had a couple of pieces. Now IMO we players at ever level that can move into another position and perform it well. 

You got guys that shouldn't have the talent to back out and defend and got players that are coming in on the QB when they probably shouldn't be.  I think this is why Shaq is doing so well.  He's able to be athletic and this defense is perfect for him.

I pray Snow doesn't get a big head and leaves to be a HC.  He's a defensive guru and hopefully he knows this. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I really think we ran up the score on the Saints because that is what they did to the Packers.

I think this is what you need to do, almost every time until it becomes impossible to lose, at which point you burn clock, don't get hurt, and go home.

You don't want to be in a 28-3 situation, if you know what I mean.

Just now, Luciu5 said:

I think this is what you need to do, almost every time until it becomes impossible to lose, at which point you burn clock, don't get hurt, and go home.

You don't want to be in a 28-3 situation, if you know what I mean.

I agree.  Against teams like the aints and Bucs, don't ever let up on the gas.

I think we can let up on the Texans in the 2nd half and probably will.

We'll see.