• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith 1st year eligible for HOF. list included for 1st year eligibles.

Captain Obvious

17 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Antonio Cromartie and Jake Long? How do they decide nominees?

Moose, Walls, Allen, Mills, etc are all up as well.  

I think Mills and Allen eventually find there way in 

When his time comes, Peppers is the only one I’d put a dollar on being first ballot 

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I could see Wilfork standin out as well with his Super Bowl victories

Ya I hate to say it but in terms of accomplishments Wilfork probably has smith beat due to the rings. They both are the top of that list though. 

Also Ware cause he was a cowboy and has a ring. 

Edited by Harbingers

16 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

How about this?  With no real QB, no #2 to take coverage, a run 1st, ball control offense, Smitty rewrote the record books.  Triple Crown winner.  Hadn't been done for 13 years when Steve did it.  Far as I know, hasn't happened since.

Have we mentioned the rules changes?  You know they used to just knock the poo out of a WR in the air?

This bugs me to no end. When people talk about who was the greatest this and that, they never try to factor in situations around them. You will never convince me that Steve Smith's numbers would not have been considered GOAT if he played with Montana and Young almost his entire career. It just freakin wont happen. Pundits will say, "You can "if" all you want to.". It's not about making excuses. If you believe that factor doesn't matter you either know nothing about football or you are lying. They could at least have a conversation about it.....but they wont.

• Pie 1