• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Sessler on Panthers

Panthers Rhule

NFL.com's coverage of the Panthers is pretty up-and-down.  There was the complimentary article in the OP and another article by Gil Brandt calling us his "hottest" 2-0 team right now.  But then there's the general Power Rankings that has us at 18 behind a slew of 1-1 teams (including Green Bay at 6th, really?) and this gem of a QB index that has Darnold at 25th, right below....Mac Jones?  With a washed up Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger at 18 & 19?  But then again, if they're referring to our protection as "pristine" and think CMC and Moore are constantly getting "wide open" (nevermind the tiny windows Darnold threw into for both of them on Sunday), then I can see why they're cautious to elevate Darnold on their QB index. 

Yeah I know I know who cares about arbitrary rankings, but it's still funny to me that when it comes to the Panthers, it seems like they have to balance out any praise with a dash of cynicism.

image.thumb.png.44b6b6a66ffc868586301d3b5cfbe538.png

• Pie 3

The Panthers glorious defense is getting tons of love on sports media!  Think of the past two games, and this one, as a chance for the offense to gel (especially the oline) and for the OC to open up the playbook.  Let the D take charge, while their teammates on the other side of the ball keep building on their development together.  

8 minutes ago, brainless wuss said:

Shaq has seemingly stepped up this year.  Is that a function of scheme? Personnel? Coaching? Something else?

I think it's the players around him. In 2019, our front 4 (or 3, or whatever the hell we were trying to do that year) was so mediocre that even Luke looked slightly less Luke-like.

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I think it's the players around him. In 2019, our front 4 (or 3, or whatever the hell we were trying to do that year) was so mediocre that even Luke looked slightly less Luke-like.

Yes.  Players and coaching .  As much as I liked Ron at the time, it appears  Snow> RR.

• Pie 1