• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haasan Reddick

Pantherxtreme

6 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Good players in their prime…. Ain’t no way Fit let’s that walk. If the Saints can find cap space, Fit can

Eh we’ll see. We obviously need a quality player to pair with Brian but if he’s asking 80 million we can’t tie that much money in the dline without other areas being affected. I’m guessing Brian is gonna get upwards of 100 mill. I wouldn’t follow the saints cap strategy. They had an older brees they were trying to win a championship with. And even they drafted a player to pair with Cam.

8 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Good players in their prime…. Ain’t no way Fit let’s that walk. If the Saints can find cap space, Fit can

All it takes is drafting starters in the mid rounds, somewhere that we have not historically been good, but appear to be getting a lot better at. As long as you have starters on rookie contracts, you have money.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Eh we’ll see. We obviously need a quality player to pair with Brian but if he’s asking 80 million we can’t tie that much money in the dline without other areas being affected. I’m guessing Brian is gonna get upwards of 100 mill. I wouldn’t follow the saints cap strategy. They had an older brees they were trying to win a championship with. And even they drafted a player to pair with Cam.

It probably comes down to how the draft board falls, and who we bring in off of that. Of course, it could very well depend on our team success as well.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

It was a stupid post amongst many other stupid posts you’ve made.

I know you have your prejudice, but is this team going to be willing to pay him top figures at his position, because that’s what he’s going to control. If that’s what you think, no worries. We’ll see what fitts can come up with. But right now I see fitts as a much more moderately conservative GM. Especially with his time at Seattle he’s much more prone to break the bank on CB’s and get above average D-line. 

Panthers can afford to franchise Reddick if necessary next year. We will have him and Burns together for at least this year and next.

After that, a lot more hard decisions will have to be made concerning how to allocate money bc we will have to pay Burns, Donte, DJ, etc along with potentially extending Darnold

That being said, let tomorrow worry about tomorrow and just enjoy today.

It's been a while since we've had a lot to get excited about as Panthers fans.

I'm trying to remind myself to just enjoy this moment for now

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I know you have your prejudice, but is this team going to be willing to pay him top figures at his position, because that’s what he’s going to control. If that’s what you think, no worries. We’ll see what fitts can come up with. But right now I see fitts as a much more moderately conservative GM. Especially with his time at Seattle he’s much more prone to break the bank on CB’s and get above average D-line. 

There’s no prejudice. Players like Brian do not grow on trees. They are extremely, extremely rare. You pay people like him because they are the foundation of your franchise and he’s still super young. He hasn’t even hit prime age for pass rushers.

The most important positions on the field are QB, LT and pass rusher. And I’m one of those people who tends to be stingy with cap. You pay Brian. He has the ability to be an all time great if he stays healthy. If there is a choice between Hassan and Brian you pick Brian every time. There is no “two for the price of one” here. He is too talented and at such an important position to let walk. It’s the closest thing to letting a young franchise qb walk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Reddick is going to be expensive, but we can make it work.  We have Burns cheap next year, fifth year option will be reasonable.

So sign Riddick to a 4 year backloaded deal (it's going to be a lot).

Then we resign Burns to a backloaded deal so the last expensive years of Reddick's deal fit with Burns first cheaper deals, and we've got 2 guys who may be Pro Bowlers in the same years wrapped up for 4 more years.

It can work, and Reddick played for Matt in school, he's here for a reason.  He'll work with us to stay here for a chance at some rings.

(excuse me, after typing those last 4 words I need some alone time)

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

There’s no prejudice. Players like Brian do not grow on trees. They are extremely, extremely rare. You pay people like him because they are the foundation of your franchise and he’s still super young. He hasn’t even hit prime age for pass rushers.

The most important positions on the field are QB, LT and pass rusher. And I’m one of those people who tends to be stingy with cap. You pay Brian. He has the ability to be an all time great if he stays healthy. If there is a choice between Hassan and Brian you pick Brian every time. There is no “two for the price of one” here. He is too talented and at such an important position to let walk. It’s the closest thing to letting a young franchise qb walk.

I don’t disagree but everything I’ve seen from our FO/coaching team so far. And make sure that “so far” is the quantifier. Is they would be willing to sacrifice the one big contract for 3-4 above average contracts. And don’t get me wrong I agree we pay burns even if he wants league best money. I’m just worried our GM/coach will test the market and posture different positions over him. Especially if he has a down year on the double up which it looks like what is going to happen. And he will end up pulling a Peppers, that’s why I really hope we can get one or two entrances to really keep him in “the program”.