• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haasan Reddick

Pantherxtreme

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

The WR (Berrios) has the build of a small child by NFL standards but then again, Royce Freeman got destroyed by Roby who is of a similar build, so that really is pretty impressive.

I met Braxton in Miami randomly at E11even and he’s mayyybbee 5’10. Still a super impressive play by Hasson

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Do you not follow the coaching/GM trend? Burns may ask the world, I find Rhule and Fitts to be very RBA, if they do, they may let burns walk. They are both very team focused, if he doesn’t give at least the gesture of team focus I could see him being gone to Buffalo or Washington or beyond when his 5 years come due(most likely beyond). If there is one thing I like about our current regime they aren’t going to outpay. Ya it would suck and I know you don’t follow hockey but it’s like letting Dougie Hamilton walk instead of Hurneying ourself into a contract that detracts from the team. 

Yes, maybe he will take the moderate money cause our team is colliding with the superb owl. But the jury is still out. 

Thank God David Tepper is not Tom Dundon!

Burns will get paid.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheBlue said:

Correct, the idea of players taking discounts is pretty much a fantasy fans like to dream about. In reality players are/should be looking out for there own financial best interest and I don’t blame anyone for doing so.

That is mostly true. For some players, quality of life is more valuable to them and their families than top dollar. You also have the face of the franchise types who can increase their endorsement potential by being the star player on a championship contender, a la Brady in NE.

Brian Burns is THE cornerstone of our defense, but he is not the face of the franchise type imo. He should and will get top dollar from this organization.

CMC on the other hand might be an option  for a hometown discount of sorts. In a year or 2 when this teams championship window should be wide open, he could renegotiate a team friendly extension with very little new money. Frees up some room to keep guys like Burns and Reddick around. And, I have no doubt that CMC would more than make up the difference in endorsements with the shine from a couple rings! Don't forget, McCaffery and his family already have generational wealth..

We have to remember Rhule had him at Temple. He knew what he was capable of and was an absolute steal to sign him.  Reddick knows he would excel in this defense because he played in it before.  Absolute steal.

I think Fitterer will figure out a way to resign him.  I think him and Burns could be an amazing duo for many years to come.

I am excited to see this game tonight so much.  I hope we score quickly so we can see this amazing defense.

I wanted to bring up something Burns said a couple of days ago.  He mentioned the preseason and how we dominated the first half.  We dominated, for the most part, every team we played in the preseason and it was with backups.  This doesn't include the 2nd half where we used players that aren't on the team now.  We are thin at a couple of areas on defense and the loss of anyone of the starters may make this defense less potent.  If we can stay healthy on defense it is going to be a fun season to watch, regardless of our record. 

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

You know, I always thought it was unfair when only certain teams are allowed to play 15 offensive players. 

Maybe Houston will line up in goal line every play and pray for 3 yards a play average. If I was coach that is about what I would do, 23 or 22 all dang day.

Edited by philit99

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m not sure how we’re gonna figure out his payday. Brian has two more years (fifth year option) on his rookie deal and we’re probably looking at a gigantic deal for him. Then if Sam works out we gotta sign him to a sizable payday. Then we got DJ.  Lots of sizable contracts coming up. I know we got the space but we need to be smart.

I like this this type of problem...

2 hours ago, FattyFatFat said:

Hopefully Fitt is working on his extension now. Pay this man!

I'd be offering him 4 years/$45-50M right now and hoping he takes because it could easily be $60M+ by the end of the season if he stays close to on course with his current production.

Although I'm not sure he can sign an extension right now. There is some rule about modifying a contract that was signed in the same year and I think this would fall into that. Would have to be done after the Super Bowl I believe.

13 minutes ago, Bartin said:

I'd be offering him 4 years/$45-50M right now and hoping he takes because it could easily be $60M+ by the end of the season if he stays close to on course with his current production.

Although I'm not sure he can sign an extension right now. There is some rule about modifying a contract that was signed in the same year and I think this would fall into that. Would have to be done after the Super Bowl I believe.

I’d make that deal every day of the week