• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: The Multiplicity of the Panthers Defense

Saca312

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

“He now has the personnel to be as creative as he wants”

Again, like I’ve said this is a big reason why Jaycee was such a good pick. The lack of talent in our secondary last year really limited Snow in what he could call. 

Very good point. 

Having a talented secondary helps our defense so much. Just the coverage we were able to do against the Saints allowed for our front to feast and the whole defense to crank out their fury.

Jaycee shutting down his part of the field is critical to their success.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Very good point. 

Having a talented secondary helps our defense so much. Just the coverage we were able to do against the Saints allowed for our front to feast and the whole defense to crank out their fury.

Jaycee shutting down his part of the field is critical to their success.

Absolutely. That Baldy clip 2 days ago showed just how great the coverage was and how it allowed the rush to totally stymie Jameis.

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

“He now has the personnel to be as creative as he wants”

Again, like I’ve said this is a big reason why Jaycee was such a good pick. The lack of talent in our secondary last year really limited Snow in what he could call. 

I mentioned this in another thread almost verbatim. 8 consecutive draft picks on D plus Fox, Jones, and Reddick as high-end FA pick ups makes us formidable AF!

Just now, KB_fan said:

Absolutely. That Baldy clip 2 days ago showed just how great the coverage was and how it allowed the rush to totally stymie Jameis.

I saw that. I am not used to good coverage since old Panthers defense relied so much on a good pass rush to make our meager secondary better. 
Now our d-Line can just do its job and feast. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I saw that. I am not used to good coverage since old Panthers defense relied so much on a good pass rush to make our meager secondary better. 
Now our d-Line can just do its job and feast. 

Previous management never got the importance of a solid secondary, and admitted as much. One thing we KNOW about Fitterer is that he understands the havoc a strong secondary can create.

• Pie 4

What I have said all along is that one of Snows best ability is to learn and adapt to both his personnel and what works at the level he is at. This defense is very different than last year in terms of complexity and matchups. It is also the exact type of defense I begged for since the last season was over. This scheme he did not run in college with all the multiple looks. Partly because he now is dealing with professionals who play football for a living not in between classes and other things and because their skills are significantly better. This type of defense has shown to be one of the best over the years in the NFL and I am grateful he is using it. It is so nice to see pressure looks. Reminds me of Jim Johnson with more man looks and variation. I hope we stick with it.

• Pie 1