• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training camp has begun.

Harbingers

A few notes through 2.

- Impressed with the PP, looks really solid.

- Andersen is the calmest goalie we’ve had back there since Ward. Can’t tell if he’s made a save or given up a goal because his demeanor is the same.

- A 4th line combo of Leivo, Stepan, Lorentz, and Martinook is going to be solid.

- Drury and Rees look like very solid future NHL players.

- Ian Cole is going to be a great acquisition and be the old vet of this defense that the guys can lean on.

The line up was:

KK - Trocheck - Turbo

Lorentz - Stepan - Leivo

Rees - Drury - Noesen

Miletic - Suzuki - Bokk

Cole - TDA

Lajoie - Keane

Gelinas - Sellgren

Andersen

Lyon

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

A few notes through 2.

- Impressed with the PP, looks really solid.

- Andersen is the calmest goalie we’ve had back there since Ward. Can’t tell if he’s made a save or given up a goal because his demeanor is the same.

- A 4th line combo of Leivo, Stepan, Lorentz, and Martinook is going to be solid.

- Drury and Rees look like very solid future NHL players.

- Ian Cole is going to be a great acquisition and be the old vet of this defense that the guys can lean on.

The line up was:

KK - Trocheck - Turbo

Lorentz - Stepan - Leivo

Rees - Drury - Noesen

Miletic - Suzuki - Bokk

Cole - TDA

Lajoie - Keane

Gelinas - Sellgren

Andersen

Lyon

Wonder if we carry the Cole - TDA over into the season. Match Bear with Slavin(though I thought they were both same shot same side). If we can do a solid PP into the new season that’d be awesome, but I’d really like to see us to keep our penalty kill at best in the league. 

• Pie 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, Harbingers said:

Wonder if we carry the Cole - TDA over into the season. Match Bear with Slavin(though I thought they were both same shot same side). If we can do a solid PP into the new season that’d be awesome, but I’d really like to see us to keep our penalty kill at best in the league. 

I honestly doubt it, DeAngelo will be with Slavin IMO. 

I think the lines end up like this

Svech Aho Necas

KK Tro Turbo

Nino Staal Fast

Slavin DeAngelo 

Skeji Pesce

Cole Bear

• Pie 1

Cuts have started.

I’ll mention that I wouldn’t be surprised if Jarvis gets his 9 games in the NHL before a decision is made on whether he heads back to juniors or not.

The Canes can carry 23 guys and while they usually don’t it may be in their best interest with Covid still being an issue.

That puts us with

Forward (14)

Aho, Svech, Necas, Turbo, KK, Trochek, Nino, Staal, Fast, Jarvis, Marty, Stepan, Lorentz, Leivo/Smith

Defense

Slavin, Pesce, TDA, Bear, Cole, Skjei, Smith (7)

Goalie

Andersen, Raanta

• Pie 1

Looks like the Canes are closing in on the roster.

They are still using split groups:

Team Attitude (26): Svech, Aho, Necas, KK, Trocheck (wasn’t at practice today), Turbo, Nino, Staal, Jarvis, Marty, Stepan, Fast, Lorentz, Leivo, Smith, Drury, Slavin, TDA, Pesce, Skjei, Bear, Cole, Smith, Keane, Andersen, Raanta

At least three need to go, my guess is Leivo, Drury, and Keane get sent to Chicago.

Team Energy (7): Suzuki, Rees, Noesen, Gelinas, Lajoie, Jacobs, Chatfield

Expect these seven to be assigned to Chicago soon.

Side Note: Alex Lyon has been waived with intention to send him to Chicago but he’s being kept in camp in case of an injury.

I also forgot to mention, in addition to the 12 already assigned to Chicago (Letunov, Miletic, Poturalski, Smallman, Fitzgerald, Bokk, Cotton, Mattheos, Murray, Sellgren, Makiniemi, Warm); 5 were also returned to juniors (Orr, Robidas, Montgomery, Seeley, Hamrla).

• Pie 1