• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You want to get instantly better? Pick up the phone, call DET and get Taylor Decker

TheBigKat

18 minutes ago, Floppin said:

No way I'd give them Donte.

I'd offer maybe Bouye and a 2022 3rd and 2023 2nd.

I said before week 1 Bouye might be the best trade option if the defense performs well during his suspension and the panthers want a quality Oline. That idea was not well received 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, RJK said:

I said before week 1 Bouye might be the best trade option if the defense performs well during his suspension and the panthers want a quality Oline. That idea was not well received 🤷‍♂️

That was before people saw how the defense performed without him. I mean he's obviously going to make the defense even better but I wouldn't shed a tear if we packaged him with a few picks to pick up a solid upgrade for the O-line.

• Pie 1

The Lions are for sure going to try and make it work with both Decker and Sewell before even thinking about a trade. Sewell wasn't good in the preseason at RT but maybe the light is on now that it's the regular season. Alternatively, they could certainly put Decker at RT which is a position he played previously in college. Having two stud tackles would be the ideal situation and it's not like Decker would be overpaid as a RT since they are pretty much in line with LT salaries these days.

Trading Jackson isn't the craziest thing, but only if Fitterer is 100% sure he isn't going to re-sign/franchise him for what is certain to be a very big contract and Bouye regains his 2018 form as a good starter.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Send them Action Jackson, 2022 5th, 2022 2nd

We can't trade a 2nd we don't have.   I'm not against trading for him, but you can't even do what you are suggesting.

Even if you could I would not start trading away pieces of what appears to be an elite D atm.