• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard 11 Att 52 yards, 4.7 yards per carry

SBBlue

I remember reading a scouting report basically saying he is the kid of RB who needs lots of reps to do good. I wanna say they called him a “rhythm” back. Basically saying he gets better the more reps he plays. He hasn’t been good as a sub but we saw last night how he improved as the game went on.

• Pie 3

I’m honestly more concerned about Horn’s injury than CMC. I think Chuba had his first game on the road without playing significant minutes before. Him getting better as the game went showed he was capable. Chuba and Royce aren’t the worst combo to fall back on, plus other players got worked in like Marshall, and Tremble. We have a lot of weapons on offense plus Shi Smith should be coming back soon. CMC’s injury stings but we should be able to adjust and he should be back this year.

Horn’s injury makes DJax slide to the 1CB and who knows (I hope Bouye) plays 2CB. I’m not sold on DJax at the 1 due to his size, he is great at the 2. That’s a drop off in two spots on the secondary and it takes away valuable game reps for a rookie, plus he could be out for a while. Let’s hope ole Snow has a few tricks up his sleeve (and I bet he does).

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m honestly more concerned about Horn’s injury than CMC. I think Chuba had his first game on the road without playing significant minutes before. Him getting better as the game went showed he was capable. Chuba and Royce aren’t the worst combo to fall back on, plus other players got worked in like Marshall, and Tremble. We have a lot of weapons on offense plus Shi Smith should be coming back soon. CMC’s injury stings but we should be able to adjust and he should be back this year.

Horn’s injury makes DJax slide to the 1CB and who knows (I hope Bouye) plays 2CB. I’m not sold on DJax at the 1 due to his size, he is great at the 2. That’s a drop off in two spots on the secondary and it takes away valuable game reps for a rookie, plus he could be out for a while. Let’s hope ole Snow has a few tricks up his sleeve (and I bet he does).

Not a knock on Horn but we have yet to see him have to play when a QB has all day to throw. Our pass rush has been so good it’s making the secondaries lives very easy. 

Loom back at who our corners where in 2013 when Johnson and Hardy were wreaking havoc on QBs. We went 12-4 that year.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Tonight Chuba caught 3 out of 5 for  27 yards, 9 yards per catch.

Unfortunately, he also dropped a TD. 

The first drop I think was on Sam, it was high and hot.  Too accustomed to CMC, because CMC probably does catch it.  We shouldn't expect Chuba to be CMC.

9 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He seemed to get better with more reps.

Before CMC went down I was starting to think he might not be all we thought he would be. 

After CMC went down it seemed to click that he was the man and his runs seemed to be executed with more confidence. This gives me hope that he'll step in for CMC.  While he's not CMC his skillset is similar. 

Apparently, Matt Rhule's pep talk with Chuba made a difference in the second half.  

Royce Freeman and fourth-round pick Chuba Hubbard took over in the backfield after McCaffrey left the game in the second quarter. Hubbard got stuffed on a fourth down a short time later and the Panthers were only up one at halftime, but things began to open up for them in the second half.

Head coach Matt Rhule said both players stepped up and he made it clear what he’s looking for from the duo while McCaffrey is out of action.

“Yeah, I think they just have to be starting NFL running backs, and Royce has done that before,” Rhule said in his postgame press conference. “I told Chuba at halftime, ‘That’s why we drafted you, man.’ I thought Chuba was outstanding. At the end of the half, we didn’t give him a ton of chances, but I thought he got in there at the end and made some key runs. When we can line up in four-minute offense and run and get the first down on two plays, especially versus that stout defense, that’s a credit to the offensive line, credit to the tight ends and full backs. I thought those backs hit it, and the minute Royce got in he made that nice run, cut the ball back on a dual play, which that’s a veteran-run. That’s a guy that’s played a bunch and saw it. Those guys stepped up for us.”

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1