• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman makes a lot of sense right now

electro's horse

On 9/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, Catsfan69 said:

We have nobody serviceable to put in place of horn.

We are going to have to stop letting QBs escape our grasp like we have been if we are to have any hope at stopping the pass with our current DBs.

Keep letting people escape our grasp? What are you even talking about?  We are leading the league in sacks.

Just now, Harbingers said:

Good. I want to see a verbal public apology accepted by his wife and her family before we make any move but if they do I’m ok with bringing him in on conditions. 

Why does it have to be public?  What does anything that happens in Sherman's household have to do with you?

Sherman made a mistake, he's in therapy to try and fix his mental.  Even his wife on the phone said this wasn't Sherman's usual behavior.  Sh*t happens.  Not sure why we need or deserve a public apology.  Especially from a guy who, prior to this, gave us no reason to think he was a bad dude.  He's done a LOT for communities too.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Why does it have to be public?  What does anything that happens in Sherman's household have to do with you?

Sherman made a mistake, he's in therapy to try and fix his mental.  Even his wife on the phone said this wasn't Sherman's usual behavior.  Sh*t happens.  Not sure why we need or deserve a public apology.  Especially from a guy who, prior to this, gave us no reason to think he was a bad dude.  He's done a LOT for communities too.

Harbingers = 🤡 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Not for us or anyone else in the public. I’m saying an apology to his father-in-law(or who ever took the brunt of that night) and a public(or private but at least on the panthers radar) acceptance of that apology. For instance if his father-in-law tells the panthers hey we are working through it I’m ok with him playing for you guys from my end. I feel like that would be an appropriate check mark to at least bring him in on condition. I don’t know where his court cases are so I can’t speak to that. 

• Poo 1

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Not for us or anyone else in the public. I’m saying an apology to his father-in-law(or who ever took the brunt of that night) and a public(or private but at least on the panthers radar) acceptance of that apology. For instance if his father-in-law tells the panthers hey we are working through it I’m ok with him playing for you guys from my end. I feel like that would be an appropriate check mark to at least bring him in on condition. I don’t know where his court cases are so I can’t speak to that. 

But it doesn't need to be public.  And you have no idea if he has already apologized or not.  I feel confident that he probably has apologized to them.  He's probably still with his wife.

I just feel like this is something that as a fan we shouldn't care about.  It isn't our business.  And it isn't like Sherman sexually assaulted someone, shot someone, punched someone, etc. He just had a horrible night of drinking and made a mistake by driving.  It happens.  As long as he is doing his best to fix what he's got going on, and by all accounts he is doing that, then we shouldn't hold a bad night against him or expect him to publicly apologize.

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Can I get a public apology from your family for having to read your posts

• Flames 4

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

But it doesn't need to be public.  And you have no idea if he has already apologized or not.  I feel confident that he probably has apologized to them.  He's probably still with his wife.

I just feel like this is something that as a fan we shouldn't care about.  It isn't our business.  And it isn't like Sherman sexually assaulted someone, shot someone, punched someone, etc. He just had a horrible night of drinking and made a mistake by driving.  It happens.  As long as he is doing his best to fix what he's got going on, and by all accounts he is doing that, then we shouldn't hold a bad night against him or expect him to publicly apologize.

No I agree. I misused the word public. I meant public as in something the panthers would be privy to not us as the general public as a criteria.