• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman makes a lot of sense right now

electro's horse

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

100% for it. Without Horn the secondary's a liability again. 

The question is whether he'd even want to go to Carolina.

We're currently the #1 defense in the league.  Why would he not want to come and contribute.  As noted earlier, there is some connection with Fitterer.

My only concern is he still quick enough for our defense.  As a veteran his presence would be nice but if he can't fly around like he used to it might hurt our defense. 

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The Horn injury sucks but we need to try to avoid panic signings. We are trying to build sustained success, not a Hurney-esque trove of over-the-hill vets in a quest for "this is our year!"

Trading for Jared Allen was a good move in 2015. I think it’s a great idea. 

Horn was contributing and windows are small. A 1 year deal isn’t panicking. 

As long as we don't mortgage our future I trust Fitz and Co. to make a good decision here. I would not say that this is our year, but our schedule is light. If we can get in the playoffs, and get CMC and Horn back by then, anything can happen. I am not opposed to making moves. But no, this year is not a, "Go out and trade a lot of picks for a STUD what the heck ever." We need those picks for sustained success. We don't need to give up future picks for a player now that MAY or MAY NOT put us over the hump. Our window isn't closing, it is opening. 

9 hours ago, BrianS said:

We need to keep reminding ourselves that this is not our year.  We're a promising young team with loads of potential, but realistically we're still a season away from really competing.

Agreed. This has been phenomenal and it shows we might be, once again, ahead of schedule. That's really fuging enough for me.

I don't need a 15 win season(although I would take it for sure). Just keep showing this progress and that the majority of the offseasons moves were right.

• Pie 4

Bouye is as good or better. And he plays man coverage. Sherman was never known for that.

We want man corners. That's why we got Melvin, Bouye, Horn. Why get a guy who doesn't do that when we  already have the guys we picked up to fill those roles before the draft unfurled?