• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman makes a lot of sense right now

electro's horse

25 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's none of his father in laws or wife's business if he plays or works for anyone. 

If he is really serious about fixing what ever is troubling I guarantee you that’s going to be one of the things his therapist has him do. It’s important do-diligence by any NFL team right now. 

And it absolutely is his wife’s business. They are married. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Poo 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

If he is really serious about fixing what ever is troubling I guarantee you that’s going to be one of the things his therapist has him do. It’s important do-diligence by any NFL team right now. 

He didn't do anything to his wife or father in law.

He was just drunk and talking about killing himself.

At no time according to his wife did he harm a soul.

So what exactly does he owe an apology for? Waking him up? Calling him names(speculation)?

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Thanks. I had seen that, bit I didn't see the other report that the Panther "WILL make an offer in the next few days".

Hes been bad on the past about throwing made up poo out there and trying to pass it off as legit. 

Sherman's negatives probably out weigh the potential positives at this point, but the panthers might feel it's worth rolling the dice. For anyone worried about how this might fug everything up, the Panthers have shown they'll cut someone's ass if they don't fit in with what they're doing; see Perryman, Denzel

My personal opinion is that he's worth bringing in, if he has his personal poo under control and he understands his role on the team. Some players (like peanut) are willing to embrace that leadership role. Some players (like steve smith) are not. A lot of his recent issues have reportedly been related to a mental health emergency, and I'm not going to poo on someone for that. If that's under control, and he feels it's under control, I believe/trust him. He's a cerebral guy. 

Additionally I'm glad to see the panthers FO is on the same page as me. Now let's sign some big workhorse RB and shift CMC to WR. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mage said:

Yeah, but he's 33 years old now.  I'm not saying Sherman couldn't play man, but his bread-and-butter was in zone.  And now he's old and had some lower leg injuries.  It is just a risk to ask him to do the same thing our younger corners are asked to do.

Vet Minimum?

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Desperate times. 

I don't think it's desperate times. 

I think the Panthers recognize they have a good opportunity, probably better than they anticipated heading into the season, and they want to capitalize on it. 

And this wouldn't even cost a draft pick. Hell, who on this board doesn't wish we'd pulled the trigger on the 1st round draft pick in 2015 for Joe Thomas? All it would have cost us is a player that took 5 years to be any good. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

If they are serious about actually getting Sherman, I have a few thoughts

1)  It won't be a one year prove it and it won't be cheap.  His other suitors are much more attractive.

2) If its a mult-year deal, that DB room will be crowded.  Foot injuries can derail careers.  I'm wondering if this means anything about their thoughts on  Horn's long term prognosis.

3)Sherman isn't that fast, but he is VERY aggressive and somehow manages to stay with the wr.  He will be an awesome mentor for that DB group, especially Keith Taylor who doesn't have the elite speed either, but has good man coverage skills.

4)This is a Marty Hurney  "we're just one man away"  move.  Did they watch our D decimate the Saints and think that we could make a deep push in the playoffs?  This is not a "we are still in rebuild" move.

At 3-0 with a dominant defense so far, I don't mind making a move like this. Horn allowed us to play a lot differently on the back end versus last year. I don't think Bouye is the guy to step in and replace him in that role.

10 hours ago, SBBlue said:

If they are serious about actually getting Sherman, I have a few thoughts

1)  It won't be a one year prove it and it won't be cheap.  His other suitors are much more attractive.

2) If its a mult-year deal, that DB room will be crowded.  Foot injuries can derail careers.  I'm wondering if this means anything about their thoughts on  Horn's long term prognosis.

3)Sherman isn't that fast, but he is VERY aggressive and somehow manages to stay with the wr.  He will be an awesome mentor for that DB group, especially Keith Taylor who doesn't have the elite speed either, but has good man coverage skills.

4)This is a Marty Hurney  "we're just one man away"  move.  Did they watch our D decimate the Saints and think that we could make a deep push in the playoffs?  This is not a "we are still in rebuild" move.

What the heck is a "rebuild mode'? Did they bring it Haasan Reddick, Daquan Jones, Morgan Fox to help rebuild? Hopefully the Panthers organization are trying to win games, especially sitting at 3-0 and leading the division through the 1st quarter of the season. If Sherman can help the defense in light of Horn's injury sign him.  

• Pie 1