• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This team needs to look at switching cmc to a Curtis Samuel 2020 type role next year.

TheRumGone

The injuries are piling up. And before you say we don’t know how bad the hamstring injury is, it was enough to sit him for basically this entire game. Cmc is a freak of nature. If we want to get the most years out of him we need to get a full time rb who can handle a workload and use cmc primarily in the receiving game with a handful of rb touches a game. He can be one of the best slot receivers and his career will last much longer. 

• Pie 8
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 11

10 minutes ago, saX man said:

Or we could just limit his load and find a complimentary situation on a rookie deal. Maybe we found that in China. I’d rather run the O through a QB leader and committee than being over reliant on a bell cow but your analogy is way off

Not really. We ran Curtis out of the backfield a couple times a game, ran him on screens and out of the slot. Problem with committees is coaches tend to go with the hot hand. They will still overwork cmc that way. His role needs to be redefined. I’d rather get a rb in here who can go 20 handoffs a game and use cmc in other ways. He can still be used as a safety outlet in the receiving game. Give him a couple touches at rb. 

He’s taking too much abuse. If his role doesn’t change his career won’t last long. Dude can be deadly in the slot and will lengthen his career. 

• Pie 2

I personally like what they’re doing with Singletary & Moss in Buffalo (Although think they’ve got some downsides as players). 

Same with Gordon and Williams in Denver.

Cleveland with the Chubb and Wacko McHunt.

I, however, prefer not to have a SF, PHI, LAR type situation. Dat’s gross right der

Carolina is reaching the point where they have to ponder for how many more years they want McCaffrey at a high level. Three or four? I don't see it at the current usage pace. With the high rate of touches there may only be two left before the injuries take a toll. If they insist on running him like they have he may never finish another season healthy. There have been many great players who have hit the same wall. There will be angry fans piling in to shed tears and jump all over folks for this but the game is the game elite talent doesn't last forever.

8 hours ago, frankw said:

Carolina is reaching the point where they have to ponder for how many more years they want McCaffrey at a high level. Three or four? I don't see it at the current usage pace. With the high rate of touches there may only be two left before the injuries take a toll. If they insist on running him like they have he may never finish another season healthy. There have been many great players who have hit the same wall. There will be angry fans piling in to shed tears and jump all over folks for this but the game is the game elite talent doesn't last forever.

Yeah I’m not understanding the hate on this post. Use him like a Percy Harvin/Julian Edelman/Curtis Samuel  type player. Run him out of the backfield a handful of times a game and work him out of the slot. He can lengthen his career this way, earn that huge contract and still do a lot of damage. His body is not holding up as a pure rb. The huddle has this weird fetish with cmc instead of looking at and understanding reality. That’s 4 injuries in the span of a year. That’s really fuging bad. You go to a committee and the coaching staff is still gonna run him into the ground. You go with hot hands. They won’t take him off the field. Injuries rinse and repeat.

• Pie 2