• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing: Robbie Anderson

NYPantherFan

Through 3 games, the passing game is clearly running through DJ Moore (31 targets, 21 catches, 285 yds and a TD). But where has Robbie Anderson been? He has been nearly non-existent in this offense, only accounting for 11 targets with 5 catches for 103 yds and a TD. Half those yards came on one play. For comparison, Terrace Marshall has been targeted 14 times with 11 catches for 91 yds. Obviously CMC gets fed his fair share as well.

Is it time to be concerned about his lack of production after signing his big extension? It would be interesting to see the tape to see if he is getting open or if Darnold is just looking to find Moore, although it seems like he is buying enough time and going through all his progressions.

Thoughts?

• Pie 3

Everyone saying he’s “the deep threat” and clearing space for others.. the dude had 95 catches last year. He has 5 in 3 games so far. He’s barely a part of our offense and we’re paying him $15m a season. It’s baffling he isn’t more involved honestly 

• Pie 3

Dude dropped a pass on a 8 yard curl that hit him directly in the chest.

Sorry, but he's just not THAT guy who is going to take over games, I think last year was an anomaly while it took DJ and Teddy 2 Gloves time to get on the same page as the season progressed (if you noticed, Robby had a better first half than second last year).

DJ is our #1, CMC was/is our #2, and TMJ is turning into our #3

Robby has speed and that can help our offense, even if it's just opening up holes for DJ to sit into, but to think this guy is going to repeat his numbers last year was just a fools errand, he's just not that guy.

I'm a die hard Panthers fan who my friends know is likely to over-bid on Panthers in fantasy drafts (hence why DJ is on my team this year), but I was tuning out the auctions as Robby was up for bidding this year, just never expected much from him.

3 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Same missed him wide open at least twice tonight. DJ is just playing on another level right now so im not ready to fault Robbie for not getting more involved.

Yeah, that's not on Anderson, Darnold just isn't looking downfield yet. Robbie was wide open more than once, as replays showed. That throw is there, and I bet Darnold starts to find him.

Edited by antame

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Dude dropped a pass on a 8 yard curl that hit him directly in the chest.

Sorry, but he's just not THAT guy who is going to take over games, I think last year was an anomaly while it took DJ and Teddy 2 Gloves time to get on the same page as the season progressed (if you noticed, Robby had a better first half than second last year).

DJ is our #1, CMC was/is our #2, and TMJ is turning into our #3

Robby has speed and that can help our offense, even if it's just opening up holes for DJ to sit into, but to think this guy is going to repeat his numbers last year was just a fools errand, he's just not that guy.

I'm a die hard Panthers fan who my friends know is likely to over-bid on Panthers in fantasy drafts (hence why DJ is on my team this year), but I was tuning out the auctions as Robby was up for bidding this year, just never expected much from him.

Whatever, dude. He's not this guy either, and his productive career proves it. It's only been two games. But the fact is, he has been doing his job clearing the second level lanes for Moore and CMC so they can do their thing. If he's not here, offensive efficiency and effectiveness take a huge hit. Now that CMC is possibly out for awhile, Brady via Darnold will likely get Robby the ball more because he'll have no choice but to do that.