• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing: Robbie Anderson

NYPantherFan

7 hours ago, Gipetto said:

Do you people expect him to make a 70 yard catch every game or something? the texans defense held him in check. Robbie will get his touches. sheesh.

Sam didn't have a lot of time to get Robbie the ball deep.  It looked to me like the Texans were committed to not getting beat deep so what can you do but take what they give you which was the middle of the field.  I think I heard Troy say the Sam had 6 20+ yard throws last night.  That is pretty damn good considering what he went through. 

• Pie 3

Just now, firstdayfan said:

I was actually going to make a similar thread last week. It's not just this season but goes back to last year. I think I did the math last week and over the last five games (before his 1 catch night last night) he was only averaging 3 rec for 39 yards per game.

Definitely concerning.

Until the Panthers show they have a wr threat besides Robbie and DJ most teams will key on him and DJ and single cover the others.  If the oline improves so will the ball distribution. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Until the Panthers show they have a wr threat besides Robbie and DJ most teams will key on him and DJ and single cover the others.  If the oline improves so will the ball distribution. 

They've already shown that.  Marshall had a solid game with 4 catches last night.

• Pie 1

It's on Darnold. It's not knocking Darnold. Up until CMC got hurt he had a check down that was just as dangerous as the first WR option. Darnold didn't even see Anderson or Dan Arnold when they were open deep. Why? Don't know, could be any number of things. But it's not on Anderson, he has been open. 

By the way, YES...Anderson dropped the curl. But Moore dropped an easy one last week. It happens to the best of them. Anderson is fine. Crapping on Anderson is an overreaction. 

I have no doubts about Robby he will get more involved in the next several weeks we have some tough offenses we'll be facing. But this being a question is why the talk of spreading the ball around more and not giving one guy a ton of touches was so prevalent the first 2 games. Now people want to act like Robby forgot how to play football 🙄

Edited by frankw

Just now, frankw said:

I have no doubts about Robby he will get more involved in the next several weeks we have some tough offenses we'll be facing. But this being a question is why the talk of spreading the ball around more and not giving one guy a ton of touches was so prevalent the first 2 games. Now people want to act like Robby forgot how to play football 🙄

Robbie is fine. The oline is keeping us for doing much other than checkdowns most if the time.  Get that run game going and you will see a huge difference in this offense. 

Robby Anderson has always been a guy who goes stretches where he isn't making a noticeable impact on the game.  This isn't on Darnold - it is just the kind of player Anderson is.

Anderson had a hot start last year, but I think it makes everyone forget that by the second-half of the season, this was the Anderson we were getting.  In his last 8 games last year, he only averaged 50 YPG.  Yeah the 34 he is averaging now is a lot worse but really he's always been a boom-or-bust #2 kind of receiver.  And that is okay.  We have DJ Moore.  We don't need Anderson to be a #1.  He's still good.

That is also why they drafted Terrace Marshall, so that when Anderson isn't able to get open deep, we have another option to throw to underneath.  If anyone should expect to see a lot more touches with CMC out, it is Marshall.

Edited by Mage

This is a team game, not a player stat game.  Darnold and Anderson have a connection it is just a matter of time.  Right now DJ is the man.  Anderson will get his touches.  I'm sure he isn't sweating it.  We just gave him a nice extension and he'll be here to contribute as needed.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008