• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing: Robbie Anderson

NYPantherFan

1 minute ago, CRA said:

the Sam to Robby connection IMO was never super strong.  Robby had a 53% catch rate when targeted by Sam in NY.  It’s  45% this year. 

DJ, Marshall, CMC are all 70% or higher 

DJ is by far and CLEARLY the better overall WR.

I hope they keep DJ because if you had to choose between the two you take DJ 

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Sam didn't have a lot of time to get Robbie the ball deep.  It looked to me like the Texans were committed to not getting beat deep so what can you do but take what they give you which was the middle of the field.  I think I heard Troy say the Sam had 6 20+ yard throws last night.  That is pretty damn good considering what he went through. 

this. The Texans were playhing 2 deep safeties all night... considering Robby's money routes are deep routes and double moves... there really wasnt much there.

ALSO... Rhule said that there were two designed deep routes to Robby last night.... one of them Sam was sacked... and the other Robby was not open....

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

this. The Texans were playhing 2 deep safeties all night... considering Robby's money routes are deep routes and double moves... there really wasnt much there.

ALSO... Rhule said that there were two designed deep routes to Robby last night.... one of them Sam was sacked... and the other Robby was not open....

Robby isn’t in Carolina just running deep verticals though.  Yeah, they might scheme up one or two per game….but that isn’t why he isn’t getting the ball IMO.  

I said before the season began that Robby faded fast last year and kinda quit trying. The idea that he could have big check-itis isn't that hard to rationalize.

But, let's give it a couple more weeks. Teams will be rolling their coverage to DJ with CMC out, so Robby may find him some room. That being said, we've had some big plays run through Tremble, Zylstra and Erickson (!?!?!?!) the last couple of games, so there may be some motivation/separation problems Robby is having that the coaches noticed.

I still think Robby was overpaid. He's paid top 10 money and does not produce a top 10 receiver level. We have some huge contracts coming up I would have preferred locking up more guys on defense. We also have Marshall and Shi waiting in the wings. It will be unfortunate to not be able to resign Jackson or Reddick because we overpaid Robby. 

21 minutes ago, Fright said:

There’s a reason Moore is getting insane production. No team is going to let Robby beat them deep.

This is a great problem to have. 

Moore is simply a better WR.   He is our #1.  So Sam looks his way more.