• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold - Proven Against Adversity

Saca312

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I that he will do.  We could be so much worse off right now it ain't even funny.

He's slow winning over the doubters like myself but some will never accept him not matter what.  That's fine, we need fools to laugh at.

In short, he is definitely not the worst qb in the league.  

Do you smell that?  It's the smell of crow cooking.  Be ready haters.

There’s going to come a time when we’re playing from behind and he’s asked to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t and that crowd will sadly jump all over that. I actually hope he does go throw some growing pains with this team this season. Just for his development sake. Sam ain’t broken. This is his first year actually learning how to play QB. So far he’s been great. 

At the end of day he’s already proven that he can play. He’s 24. A year younger than Josh Allen and 2 years younger than Baker Mayfield. 

I actually thought we were toast when CMC went down. Just because so much of the game plan revolves around him and to change that mid game is tough. Sam came out in the second half an area where we’ve struggled and balled the hell out.

• Pie 6

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I that he will do.  We could be so much worse off right now it ain't even funny.

He's slow winning over the doubters like myself but some will never accept him not matter what.  That's fine, we need fools to laugh at.

I'm ready for my crow plate

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Across the entire team there seemed some grit last night that was perhaps a bit lacking last year, the ability to increase resolve and shut the Texans back down after those couple of good drives. I also liked that the offense seemed to have an answer after stalling out the final drives of the first half.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I'm ready for my crow plate

Brother I was just like most on here that doubted there was anything left of him to be worth the time it would take to even try to get anything out of him.

Watching this kid you can tell he has what it takes to be a good qb in this league.  That's all we need.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Very true. Hoping this long week brings about a ton of lessons and training with ball security for Sam Darnold. 

He's shown he can be tough as seen with his evasion of Cam Jordan's near sack against him last week, but he needs to grip on the ball better with both hands.

On the first one he was in his motion.

Secondly the line shouldn't let the defense get close enough to touch him.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧
They are trying to rewrite history saying things like, I didn't hate on him.  I never said he was that bad, I just blah blah blah.....

On the record, I was on the fence with Darnold. Inexplicably, I saw enough Jets games in the past and noticed those flashes of potential. What scared me was that we had tried this QB reclamation route before with David Carr and it did not work at all. He took so much pummeling with the Texans that he literally crumbled onto the turf if a lineman looked at him the wrong way. The damage had been done and even now, that's my concern with Darnold. If not risk of regression, keeping him healthy.

26 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧
They are trying to rewrite history saying things like, I didn't hate on him.  I never said he was that bad, I just blah blah blah.....

Well to be fair it's still a small sample size.  All I can say is he looks like an NFL QB and is playing like one. What more could you want?

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well to be fair it's still a small sample size.  All I can say is he looks like an NFL QB and is playing like one. What more could you want?

Yes and he has had 1 int in 3 games.  2 turnovers total.  He's thrown for over 300 in 2 games now.

He scored 17 points last night without CMC, and only 7 with him.

Yes the dataset is small, but its NOT pointing towards a sucky or even just average QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2