• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst feeling post-win and 3-0 start to a season imaginable?

tukafan21

Last year he got hurt and we fell to 0-2. I’m sure we’d all rather have that. There’s plenty of time for all this later but stop exaggerating now.  This is not the worst you’ve felt after a game if you’ve been a panthers fan longer than 3 weeks.  There are so many other candidates that your statement is laughable.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What we are or aren't still remains to be seen.

But last night we won despite major adversity.

That tells me we're no pushover.

Yea…I’m doom and gloom this am

we we’re lost when cmc went down but for a change made really good halftime adjustments 

all credit to coaches and players for that

I mean it's demonstrably not the worst feeling possible because we didn't implode and let it be a close game (since we're excluding the worse outcome of actually losing from our worst possible feeling scale, which feels a bit wrong unto itself.  Leading with 'I know it could be worse but isn't this the worst possible feeling for the not record we find ourselves with??' feels *silly* pessimistic).  Yes there were some sloppy moments after CMC went out (duh?) but they figured it out and adjusted, Darnold showed he isn't going to fold like a wet napkin when things get rough, they seem to be figuring out the 3rd quarter, pass rush is still nasty, we don't have an offense with only one option that's now fuged, we don't have a defensive backfield without a usable backup, we don't have to start PJ Walker b/c of some Darnold injury, on and on.  So no definitely not the worst possible feeling even for the very specific situation that's allowed in the question.

We won the game, convincingly, without that stink of 'well they half-assed and lucked their way into that win' all over it.  Enjoy it for a minute before borrowing trouble.  

For myself?  Like a lot of other people when the injuries started I was starting to get a little worried in game and frankly, in spite of the injuries, I enjoyed watching the team NOT fug it up.  I'm happy they put their heads down, adjusted, and got their poo done.  Am I happy about the injuries? No.  The team's overall performance?  Yep.  I like watching my team win and I'm happy we have a coaching staff that I trust to make the best of the situation we find ourselves in.  

And just for the record IMO 3-0 with injury related concerns is >>> 3-0 with barely-won games, poor play, and a boat load of luck to get there.  Besides all we've heard for two weeks is "let's see what they do when there's some adversity!  fugin Panthers"...well in this case when we had some adversity we won.  I'll take that any game.

GTFOH... we're 3-0.

Anybody who thought we weren't going to have major adversity this year must not actually watch the NFL...

Injuries happen every week... we've been on the good end of the injury bug until last night.

No one is going to feel sorry for us just like we haven't felt sorry for the teams we've played with some guys out.

CMC will be back at some point. Hopefully Horn will be.

But the other players got to step up until then.

Sam Darnold was the story last night. He could have folded once CMC went down and the offensive line stopped doing their jobs. He didn't, and he came out and led us to victory last night. 

This is the first time I have confidence in our QB since before Cam got hurt in 2018. That cannot and should not be understated.

Outside of that, this defense is simply incredible. I don't care who it is, shutting down three NFL offenses in 3 weeks in the modern NFL just doesn't happen. Haason Reddick and Morgan Fox were outstanding signings.

You can choose to focus on the positives or negatives. Losing CMC and Horn sucks... no doubt

But discovering we may have found a long term QB and having arguably the best pass rush duo in the entire NFL with Burns & Reddick means way more to me

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

That is a lot to unpack, but here we go:

- Feeling would be much worse if Darnold folded to the pressure. It is actually very encouraging to see he can step up and will this team to a win. 

- Our schedule is pretty light going forward with teams like ATL, NYG, and MIA. I believe PHI, WFT, & NE are winnable games without CMC as well. It is possible we are 8-4/9-3 by the time we have our bye week in Week 13 right before playing ATL again. That is where our schedule difficulty sky rockets with BUF and TB twice. 10-11 wins are still possible IMO.

- The loss of Horn is terrible. Hopefully getting A.J. Bouye back will be enough to continue the stellar defense. Maybe we bring in someone to help, or maybe with rely more on K. Taylor (who I think has the ability to do well).

- Either way, I trust our management not to do anything to sacrifice our future success for a band-aid. Our playoff/SB window is opening, it is not closing. If it were closing the feeling would be much worse. We would be forced to make decisions to benefit now at great expense to future success FOR A MAYBE.

IN SHORT

Not Bad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

who the fug is reading that on a friday morning??????

Yea, I scrolled all the way down to look for the tl/dr version but I gave up because I scrolled forever.  Settled for the best obvious response and you came through. 

Edited by Jon Snow