• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Stats and Superlatives: Panthers defense enters elite company 

1 minute ago, Ace420 said:

No one crapped on NEs performances when they beat up on a weak afc east for over a decade. 

All you can do is beat the teams in front of you and we have. 

This.  For YEARS they had 5-6 gimme games even as a top ranked team, just because of their division. 

Look if nothing else, we beat up on easy teams all year and prove we don't belong in the bottom of the league. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

No one crapped on NEs performances when they beat up on a weak afc east for over a decade. 

All you can do is beat the teams in front of you and we have. 

You mean the asterisks next to their superbowls aren't for playing in the afc east? Wait, it's because they cheated? Ohhh, I thought it was because they played too many rookie QBs since the rest of that division has been a damn QB carousel since the 90s.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Panthers can only play the teams on the schedule.  The championship Patriots and 49ers teams don't have an asterisk next to their victories in the record books for having played a soft schedule either.

So far the D is bringing it every week unlike past Panther teams that had a tendency to play down to the competition.  Rhule has these guys prepped and RTG regardless.

Exactly what I was thinking. So far so good. Sure we will have tests during the year and we won't go undefeated. The end of the year schedule is brutal. But why all the cautionary BS?? If the players were overconfident and cocky it would be a problem. But all these negative posts playing down the victories sound like they are afraid to be happy because they might get disappointed. That is exactly the reason to celebrate and get excited about being 3-0.  Enjoy the beat downs  and domination while you can. We are likely to come down to earth at some point. But until then I am going to root like hell and feel damn proud of this team.  I have the ability to be happy, sad and all the emotions without having to.protect myself from PTSD because of the past.

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Its a good thing that the 85 Bears and 2015 Panthers didn't play any depleted teams or rookie QBs.

Make all the excuses for the D that you want... Teams are averaging like 10 points and fewer than 200 yards against us. It doesn't matter who we play. Not to mention that DL, goddamn. 

The defense IS good.

And %$## the Saints. Nobody said anything u thing when they beat a quarterback less Denver team cause of Covid protocols. Didnt that game count towards then winning the division last year? F%$# em like i said.

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

UGH..... I'm sorry, hate to be the negative nancy that I've been here tonight, but c'mon, are people really going to brag about this numbers defense so far?

It's cool and all, but look at things with an open mind........

We've played 3 games..... 

The first was against a rookie QB, rookie coach, on one of the few teams expected to compete for the top draft pick this year.

Then we played a team missing half their coaching staff, 8 starters, living on the road the last month, and a QB who is very questionable.

And third we played another rookie QB (this time a third rounder) and rookie HC, and another team expected to compete for the #1 draft pick.

Any above average defense would have expectations to dominate these 3 teams if they played them at any point in the season.  Love the start, but let's temper expectations of this defense, these were 3 offenses that we SHOULD have dominated, we're not '85 Bears let alone even the 2015 Panthers defense yet.

In *today's* NFL, you are given 17 points for stepping on the field. This D is playing phenomenal and has the chance to be really special. (Hope Horn's injury doesn't hurt too bad.)

• Beer 1

Putting on my glass half full hat.

We physically dominated games that in past years, we would have struggled in or lost outright.  That is a positive sign we are moving forward and might even challenge for a playoff spot this year.  And that is a good, I mean great thing.  I am enjoying this season so far.

Changing to my glass half empty hat.   

We haven't played any really good offenses yet.   The Saints are an unknown and had a lot of issues.  And the other two teams were playing rookie qb's. Its still to early to know if our defense is really the juggernaut it appears to be.  

But as I said, this has been fun to watch so far.  Hope it keeps up.  

• Pie 1