• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mills looked better than Zach Wilson?

Zod

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Mills has some potential to be a solid QB in this league. We were crushing him and he stayed calm and usually made the right reads. Has a solid arm and legs.

This, as much as anything, is what will get you long-term employment as a QB in the NFL, either as a starter or back up. Stanford QBs in the NFL tend to be tougher than expected with good processor speeds.

• Pie 1

He throws a nice ball, but probably doesn't have the elusiveness that Wilson has or the arm strength.

I will also throw in the fact that his offensive line was able to literally hold our defensive line without getting called for the penalty 98% of the time and that helps you look better than you are too.....Wilson didn't get that luxury.

I can see Mills being a solid backup QB who could run a WC offense pretty damn well.

Edited by Rocky Davis

They didn't ask him to do anything really, although he did step up and avoid the pass rush a few times (although that may be partly our pass rush not being the best at getting QBs down once they get there -- we've seen that quite a bit in the first 2 games and even last year from some of the same players, i.e. Burns). He was fine but nothing special. Wilson at least made some things happen in the 2nd half.

idk if he looked better individually but his team definitely did a better job putting him in a position to not look foolish than the Jets did for Wilson (is anyone surprised by this though?).  Wilson is a superior QB on a far, far worse team. 

With as few starts as Mills has had, though, and with the small amount of preparation he had I was impressed by him last night.  I expected way worse - good for him.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Anyone else notice that the Mills kid in Houston looked so much better than Zach Wilson?

My god the Jets are a trash org.

I was thinking the same thing.

I thought he was quite poised considering it was a short week.

They were saying that had he stayed another year at Stanford he could have been the discussion for a 1st rounder in 2022.  Houston did a good job finding him in the 3rd round.  If he grows into a starter I think he'll make ending the Watson saga much easier.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Playing against 2 rookie qbs making their first start ever and crab legs might have something to do with that #1 status....maybe?

We should have better understanding of just how good our defense is when we travel to Dallas next week.  If we can contain Zeke Elliot and Dak Prescott on the road I'll feel a lot better about our defense.

The way the coaches eased him into the game was actually impressive. They put him in a chance to succeed against a very tough D.  Frankly though I do think Wilson showed more raw talent.

Not that it matters. The Jets are going to ruin him like they almost did Darnold. Honestly it's just sad at this point.

• Pie 2